climate scientist Judith Curry interviewed

rasbridge

8 hours ago, ThisPC666 said:

global warming-bullcrap is all about money and control. 

It's always about money and control, with or without global warming. We are in a bind. About sanctions, you will have to deal with your own government. Germany will make the switch, no doubt. At high costs for the consumers. France considers nuclear energy a part of clean energy, which is a subject in itself. In many parts of the world, like in the US, new technologies are being developed. Which will help, when it will be made available elsewhere. The Chinese have seen the light recently, because of the terrible pollution they suffer under.

But I understand where you are coming from, because the problem was mainly caused by the first world, especially the US. There is a lot at stake. The earth has not always been a benign place. There have been five mass extinctions of life in the past and we could all go together with the next one We cannot survive a runaway greenhouse effect. So the change, as agreed in the Paris Agreement on Climate will have to come.

(link fixed now)

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, the Paris Agreement on Climate...

The Kyoto Protocol back in 1997...

Above all, how to establish Agenda 21 :whistle:

On 3/2/2017 at 4:47 PM, Fallon said:

I cannot take you serious.

1. The correct form is seriously
  2. I didn't expect from you to do so...

However, others do take me seriously

On 4/2/2017 at 7:30 AM, ThisPC666 said:

Because that's the issue:

-How do you resolve climate change by imposing ridiculous tax to people specially on 3rd world countries like ours.

-How are we suppose to industrialize if they demand us to cut off our fossil usage.

And if we do not agree they're gonna impose economic sanction on us,

they want 3rd world countries to remain 3rd world and dependent to them. 

This whole global-warming bull-crap is all about money and control. 

:dance2::clap::thumbsup::notworthy:

On 3/2/2017 at 4:47 PM, Fallon said:

Just stay in your own world and be happy, buddy.

What you ironically called my "own world"

is Not the world of CNN, BBC, and the world of the rest Mass Brain-Washers.

Definitely, a totally different world from yours, "buddy"...:rolleyes:

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Fallon said:

Among others, I sure like CNN and the BBC.

I must admit though, as much as I hate propaganda that is being posted here on the forums from years now, in recent times, lets say from couple of years, I have started noticing that the above news sites too are engaging in biased news reporting and propaganda - this might not be new to them though.

That does not mean I will not trust them, but I certainly will not take it at face value.

What I'm trying to say here is that news reporters should never take sides and even if they do, do not hide behind news and your sources, this applies to both the sides here.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I must admit though, as much as I hate propaganda that is being posted here on the forums from years now, in recent times, lets say from couple of years, I have started noticing that the above news sites too are engaging in biased news reporting and propaganda - this might not be new to them though.

The BBC is European and their World channel can also be watched at places in the US. A new experience for the US citizens, to hear original English (the British are the ones who point out typos and misspeak, which is often funny in other places). I think BBC World is pretty good still.

CNN has been in Europe for more than 20 years. One big mistake in the past, and they know it. They have hired at least two people close to the new administration, so I still rate them high (not  anchors, although they have at least one who is Republican). More and more CNN is painted into a corner by their own media landscape with Fox and whatever comes up from the right. Clearly with political agenda's. In a divided US, people like to be confirmed in their opinions. MSNBC is considered to the left, I guess. CNN may not escape from that, especially when they are attacked all the time. They do fact check and the importance of that will probably increase. So we will not have to take it at face value hopefully (and we should not, like you say).

Of course Europe has its own news channels. The language barrier plays a role in the distribution Europe wide.

The last U.S. Presidential Election proved how

"accurate" and "objective" Analyses, Predictions, Polls etc.

these big "news"-broadcasters have offered to the public.

Nothing but Mass Brain-Washing.

I seem to remember some events out of the ordinary which have become known since then. But I don't have an axe to grind and will move on from this topic now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived