NAT issue with Azureus

Guest Globalist

Guest Globalist

I've got an issue with Azureus. In the past, the client has been great but the present version was working fine, then I closed, restarted it and now it's unable to make a NAT ''ok'' status. I've restarted it several times and even reinstalled it. I'm not running any firewall.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Globalist

No, I don't. I've always used Azureus and had no issues/problems. Indeed, not using any firewalls/routers at that time.

When using the new version, it was actning correctly. It was only till I closed it, then opened it again that it had this NAT issue. However, I did change the default TCP port to what I have normally used when installing Azureus, but considering it was downloading/uploading correctly to begin with, I gather the changing of the default TCP port number has anything to do with it. Though, I do recall it being a Five digit TCP port number instead of the original four digit TCP port number. Possibly it could be that I should stick with the new default TCP port number, then?.

Thanks...

what kind of modem do you have, because some broadband modems ARE routers that simply connect to your ISPs WAN network instead of the conventional LAN? :rolleyes:

if it is, and your the only PC behind it (which it sounds like you are). look in the modem settings and see if you can enable a DMZ (aka. IP-Passthrough) and that'll automaticly send all communication to your PC (no fowarding needed) ;)

Guest Globalist

Silly me...

I've just went to download a torrent only to find that in the new Azureus, it takes a user to actually download something before the NAT goes green and says ''ok''.

How nice of this new Azureus to do such a thing... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated.

Archived