AdClear vs Block This! vs Adguard

Knightmare

I've been using Adguard up until today, but since work was so slow, I decide to do some research on alternative ad block programs for Android. Adguard has been slowly failing me over the last few months. Whether it's the age of my phone or the networks that I used, I decided it was time for a change. My findings narrowed my search down to two programs that matched Adguard fairly well. I didn't know if anyone else knew about the apps mentioned in the title, so I thought that I would give a little pros-and-cons review of each app. Now I haven't really tested the apps fully--I just tried them all today--but I figure with any ad block app, the main thing to ask is, how well does it block ads? I have a Droid Mini w/ Android 4.4.4.

Adguard

Adguard for Android is a remarkable web filter that protects you from annoying advertising, malicious and phishing websites, online tracking and much more. Adguard handles all types of internet ads, speeds up page load, saves bandwidth and increases your device protection against possible threats.

We use a unique technology that allows filtering the traffic on your device without ROOT privileges. This means that it can Filtering speed does not depend on the work of a VPN server, as it is embedded right in your device.

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

Pros

- Advanced features, such as firewall and malware protection

- Filter customization

- Tracker to indicate number of ads blocked

- Works with non-root phones

Cons

- Not free

- Not very reliable (ads still show in browsers and apps)

- VPN popup can be quite annoying if you have to turn off your phone or there is a change in the network settings

- Uses a lot of data and battery

AdClear

AdClear is the premier non-root adblocker for Android users. AdClear’s technology filters out advertisers before they invade your browsing or app experience. Our adblocker is the best in the market at blocking YouTube ads, and we’re the first on Android to block encrypted ads. As a bonus, adblocker saves battery, bandwidth, and loading times for users, and keeps users safe from malware-infected ads. The best part: it’s free. If you want to keep advertisers out, AdClear’s here for you.

https://www.seven.com/android-adblocker-download.php

Pros

- Free

- Shows number of ads blocked in specific apps

- Offers advanced protection in specified apps

Cons

- VPN setup is confusing

- Cannot customize filters

Block This!

Block This 3.0 is a FREE and Open Source ad blocker for Android that works in all apps and browsers! It provides the additional benefits of malware protection, increased browsing speed and reduction of mobile data traffic.

https://block-this.com/

Pros

- Very small install

- Open Source

- Free app

Cons

- No customization (opening the app just shows a button to start or stop the app)

- Hasn't been updated since March 2016

- Some ads still show

Edited by Knightmare
Block This update to v3.0

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knightmare

• Batu69

Popular Days