irefay

What Forum Skin Do you Like Best?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What Forum Skin Do you Like Best?

• IP.Board Blue
    • Blue Solution 2.2
    • Limed Out
    • IP.Board Pro
  2. 2. Would you like to see other skins avalible?

• No, We have all the greatest skins avalible
    • Yes, I have one that I like better (Post below with screen shot/forum url that uses it)

• Replies 45
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be back with a screen shot.. of a few..probably..I used LimedOut too, for a couple of reasons...

1. I spend so much time on the computer.. beaming white death ray white backgrounds kill mah eyezzz.

2. Compared to the other dark theme the colors that are used have less contrast ( blue/gree )giving it a better feel.( BUT on that note the grey on the other one used for the letter s too close to the background color..IMO.. I dunno just seems like emphasis within design is mis-appropriated.. )

I definitely won't mind using the new IP Board 3 default skin to match the site...but it would be nice to have something just like it but within a mix of blue/grey color scheme...( minus the white ) I swear some places when I load the page I hear angels singing and I go blind.. completely useless if I have a headache before I load the first page..LOL

OH and get to customize.org.. and devianart.com and look for a theme.. I think I have seen complete camo before even.. at customize.org you can look for a theme by color too.. :thumbsup:

• Administrator

I have already voted for Blue one as I felt it is best suitable for me. But will like to have more themes. :)

SacredCultivator

I prefer to use Limed Out, for the 2nd Question... lol you don't have an option for just "Yes I would like to see more skins" as heh, I wouldn't mind seeing more but it isn't like I have one better.

• Administrator

Well I have neutral views for Limed Out but I cannot see fonts properly in Blue Solution 2.2.

Personally I think that a wide range of users out there have different styles they like to look at.. some like a Vista-ish look.. some go for continuity with other relative resources pertaining to the main site/forum.. But a design should be really going in how a webmaster/site wants to be represented, and mirror the direction they would like to take... I men it really winds up being through the eyes of the beholder...

Like me for instance.. a few of my sites I have been playing around with have various resources.. and instead of it looking like I am jumping around from site to site I wanted it look and act like one entity while being perfectly capable to be broken up into parts and work on their own...So I went looking for a skin that was clean.. and matched some of the colors on my site..One I posted in the forums that it doesn't match...but that site still 'UNDER CONSTRUCTION'...but coming along. I found this skin for phpBB3.. which is not the same as IP Board 3, but its an idea...and easy on my eyes too.. Its going to be the base for what I wind up with...for private personal use .. I nabbed this off the phpbb3styles.net site..

Skin is called 'Beta7'

A couple more that I liked because of the design are what follows.. Nice professional and clean...Images would probably definitely change a little for my personal use, a few of the colors may change slightly.. but overall good designs..The second one I do not have attachment space to put the screenshot..( and I feel guilty about using the space anyways..) Second skin is called '1thank' comes is several colors. I also found several styles that would allow a new Beta online program to alter colors within the theme, before you downloaded it.."ColorizeIt! Beta" I believe.. Some great options..Sceenshot is too optimized.. actually the colors are not blocky.. much better looking first-hand..

Skin is called 'Attriuum'

Skin is called '1thank'.. another one I though was nice in design.. image editing would come into ply and its available in several colors..( added 08.22.09 )

I really like the Beta 7 Skin... thats nice

True...

I use the limey thingy... Skin isn't that important tho.. :P

I may be colour blind but I think there isn't enough distinction between the shades of grey in the limed out theme. Blue solution seems broken to me, text is out of its correct place holders when I use it. I don't have another theme to suggest but I am sure there are many out there. My fav pick is IPB pro.

• Administrator

This post will become redundant soon :whistle:

Edit: That said, i'm glad the the default skin has the most votes so far!

I just use the Pro theme, I used LimedOut for about 2 days but then I switched back. I dunno, once I get used to something it's kinda hard for me to change into something else ;)

@ Lite

Sounds like that's a good thing (I think)

I just use the Pro theme, I used LimedOut for about 2 days but then I switched back. I dunno, once I get used to something it's kinda hard for me to change into something else ;)

@ Lite

Sounds like that's a good thing (I think)

same here :P

I would like something like Dark Techno - which is black with dark blue or something similar but with black and red colours.

Edit: That said, i'm glad the the default skin has the most votes so far!

I'm glad Limed Out is second :D

I keep on using the Pro skin for the exact same reason...

Would you like to see other skins avalible?

Yes, I would

But I don't have any skins that I can share :)

hey i dint no u posted skins here.wll check them out for sure

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add that found a really slick skin.. but don't know how relevant it would be to the version and everything..It is called Cethin.. you can find it and view it there.. nice I thought

hmm, since the answers I want aren't in the poll here they are:

Q1) None of the above (ie: I don't really care)

Q2) None of the above, PHPBB3 rules (just teasing :P)

:D

Archived