StrongDC++ 2.25 (test version)

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

StrongDC++ is a client for sharing files in Direct Connect network. It is modification of program DC++ and it brings many news and features from other modification. Since DC++ is developed under GNU/GPL, you can download the source code and modify it if you wish to.

Notes:

Testing version of new StrongDC++ with implemented powerful DHT-based search engine. Don't expect magics now, because there's very small active nodes, but in the very near future it can help to increase amount of available sources and download much faster!

Don't forget that this is testing version only, so it is directed for advanced users only and a lot of things can be changed in final version. Report bugs, crashes etc. in this topic only! Forward UDP port 6241 before running this testing version.

:?: Why is the executable much more bigger than previous versions?

:arrow: Because this is debug version which can provide better results in finding bugs.

:?: Can I disable DHT and use this version as normally?

:arrow: No, you can't! This version is designed to test DHT implementation. Option to disable this search engine will be implemented in final version.

:?: Can I use different port than 6241 for DHT?

:arrow: You can't now. This port is now used for debugging purposes. Change will be allowed in final version.

:?: DHT doesn't work correctly for me. / I see message "Firewalled UDP status set"

:arrow: It's because you need to forward UDP port 6241 in your firewall/router.

:?: When can I find source code?

:arrow: It is available in StrongDC++ SVN repository.

:?: Can I use DHT implementation in my own application.

:arrow: Yes, you can. It's developed under GNU/GPL, but remember that this is testing version only and final version can be incompatible with it.

Download

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update. However it may not be front page worthy as yet, since it's a test version. Though not front paged, the link for the test version was added to the current download listing.

Archived