Smartphone not recognized by windows 8.1

wakker

Got myself a NUU smartphone http://us.nuumobile.com/ But my Lenovo G505S windows 8.1 (64 bit) laptop doesn't recognize it when i connect it with a cable (laptop with windows 7 does) laptop installs windows driver immediately but still no connection. With windows update installing driver also doesn't work. Very friendly NUU helpdesk gave me a lot of tips (different cable, laptop etc.) but still not working.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wakker

• PriSim

• Swoosh

• nickhog

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@wakker hi,

you said in your problem description that windows install a driver ? right ? then i think so this isn't right that windows not recognizing your cell phones hardware, it means that there is some kind of software glitch in your cell phone i think so , have you ever tried hard resetting your phone and than try it with windows ? or have you ever tried connecting your cell phone in a 32bit windows environment , if yes than check the notification on your cell phone while connecting may be there some kind of settings appear when ever you connect your cell phone , that have to be enabled before connecting.

Try wondershare mobile go too.

I suggest to backup your data first and than hard reset your cell phone once before connecting with pc.

Hopefully you've already solved this but, just in case, seems I recall that first time I connect phone to PC/laptop via USB cable, I had to tell the phone how to connect (i.e. As a mass storage device, MDI, or etc.  in a popup on the phone.  Had to drag from the top of the phone screen to open the window and select.  Otherwise the phone tries to install sync drivers and other crazy crap...  My phone is a Droid not Iphone... Not sure what yours is...  Also, I assume you're trying to access pictures/video on your phone...

hope this helps...

When plugged into a computer’s USB port, you may access your phone’s storage
through that connection. Pull down the Notifications window and tap on the “USB Connected” notification to get options.

Mount as drive.

Edited by Swoosh