IP Board 3

HX1

I recently was surfing looking for different Forums and so forth and I noticed when looking for skins..for phpBB3, that this forum is still a version 2 IP Board forum.

Is there going to be a version 3 IP Board upgrade in the future for the forum?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently was surfing looking for different Forums and so forth and I noticed when looking for skins..for phpBB3, that this forum is still a version 2 IP Board forum.

Yes, we are in the process of testing it on our private testing environment. We should be going live in a week or so. :)

Yes, we are in the process of testing it on our private testing environment. We should be going live in a week or so. :)

Do you mean with "We should be going live in a week or so" the Frontpage and the Forums? Or only the Forums?

• Administrator

IPB2 is currently a much more mature product. We are considering an update to IPB3. Infact the work to make the FP compatible is already complete and some testing of IPB3 has already been undertaken. I'm in two minds weather to upgrade this week to be honest.

@Haantjuh, we use a custom engine for the frontpage, which isn't related to IPB. We only query the database of IPB.

IPB2 is currently a much more mature product. We are considering an update to IPB3. Infact the work to make the FP compatible is already complete and some testing of IPB3 has already been undertaken. I'm in two minds weather to upgrade this week to be honest.

@Haantjuh, we use a custom engine for the frontpage, which isn't related to IPB. We only query the database of IPB.

That's not exactly what I meant...

Are u going to release the Frontpage and the forums (together) this/next week, or only the forum?

The frontpage is working fine currently.

Actually I think what is meant .. ii the front page coming out of "BETA"..stage..

I could be wrong...

This is cool news.. what make me question it was the fact the skin, even the default is very Web 2.0-ish...and would match the front page..( though I do hope for skins.. as time progresses.. ) Been looking into some myself...

The stability/maturity of IPB2 and its addons and security is understood, testing.. most definitely understood.. should have seen me trying to move from a windows installer for Plone to doing a build-out version ... LOL.

BUT anyway.. yeah that s definitely cool..

• Administrator

There will be some updates to the frontpage coming soon additionally, however there are few features and issues that need resolving before the final version.

Archived