MySQL..WAMP deleted root account

HX1

Okay yeah I just made a mistake because I wasn't paying attention to my tabs..AND I deleted the root account. I need to know how, or if there is a way to recreate this account for my databases. If not I have just lost two sites the second of which was the cause for me to be in there in the first place..

EDIT: if there isn't a way will I be able to re-install the applications and move the databases to the re-install and have a root account...it killed two sites so two databases..but I had deleted the root account while in one..

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Removed screenie for space..

And the bad part about the whole thing is that you..LOL have to have the root account .. with INSERT privileges for it to work..LOL

Looks like I have to just accept the loss.. I have looked everywhere for this. I was trying to delete a database when this happened and instead destroy MySQL.

EDIT: Update.. I used an Older Version of the databases that I did backup but didn't think I had..and slid it over to a newer empty install of MySQL that was for some reason empty in WAMP..while the older one held my current databases.. I had to restart twice.. but when I was done.. The site was back.. even the database itself worked.. so its has to do with the main files not the individual databases..

EDIT: Removed screenshot..

The forum install however .. well its not so lucky..So I think I am going to wait for a better day .. to pull that off..LOL.. Eraser Shredder has been hard at work...LOL

Thanks! BTW.. :)

Yeah I had made to that one.. Problem is that I didn't just delete the password.. I deleted the account itself...

So ROOT no longer existed..so there is no way to do the password on something thats simply not there anymore. I really didn't realize that it could be deleted..I mean it has to exist for ANYTHING to work..

Either that or I did something wrong...when I tried it..

• Administrator

What? Lite makin a mistake. :tooth:

One thing that I did get out of that though id the right way to set a password for it.. FINALLY..I even tried to find that at the site awhile back... Now I know...usually that would work where you have access and privilege errors.. but I did what nobody would probably ever do.. because they know better..

I would not really call it a mistake.. more like that would be the info you need and the documentation to do so..

This kind of stuff is kind of part of an extension of stuff I know, ( a hobby ) and most people working with MySQL .. would never do it.. so there probably is not a way to do it..and Sun probably hasn't ever bothered to create one...

• Administrator

Try this: (start mysqld with --skip-grant-tables command)

insert into user values('localhost','root',PASSWORD('your_pass'), 'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');
insert into user values('%','root',PASSWORD ('your_pass'), 'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');
flush privileges;

or maybe this one: link.

Really its possible to recreate the root user account.

Oh.. :) well then I will switch MySQL servers and try it.. in a few.. Have two servers I have to update kind of in the middle of but I will be back with the results!...

Thanks!

EDIT: Alright I didn't quite make it to the second one...BUT.. The first one just keeps hanging in the cmd..

EDIT2: I did finally manage to get everything back to normal.. and I have a phpBB3 forum.. go some skins.. have to wait three days now.. or switch my IP addy.. to DL anymore skins.. But I did manage to match the Admin console with the special edition skin and get my logo thrown in.. What am I going to use it for I dunno, but whatever it s I am going to try to make it all that it can be.. get in the practice and some fluency...

Archived