Apps i would like to see added!

x0o

Here they come! These are programs i have a lot of use for! And there all free! :lol: i have left out a lot of apps i like, so if anyones interested.. (:

ps. I have also for some time been awaiting the nsaneproductions firefox-plugin-section! :)

Free Download Manager (FDM)

Company: FreeDownloadManager.ORG Author: -- (Freeware)

Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Languages: English; language packs for other languages

Description: Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. You can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. FDM has an intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can resume broken downloads (and it warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers). You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. If you want to browse web pages faster with a low speed connection FDM lets you adjust traffic usage. Note: Avoid v 1.45 beta. It contains NavHelper (malware) (installation is optional).

Home page: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Startup Control Panel

Company: -- Author: Mike Lin (Donationware) (free)

Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP

Languages: English

Description: Startup Control Panel is a nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily configure which programs run when your computer starts. It's simple to use and, like all my programs, is very small and won't burden your system. A valuable tool for system administrators!

Home Page: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

XYplorer (wasTrackerV3)

Company: -- Author: Donald Lessaun(Freeware) (free for personal use)

Windows OS: Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP NOTES: No files are added to your system and your registry is not touched. You may need to install GdiPlus.dll (GDI+) for OS that are older than Windows XP. See the download page for details.

Description: XYplorer is an Advanced File System Explorer. It comes with an Windows Explorer-like interface but has a far broader scope: you get much more information and you get it all on the fly, plus variously enhanced functionality and ease of use, tabbed browsing, extended file find, reporting features, and instant preview of font, HTML, image, audio, and video files, plus ASCII/binary file viewer.

Home page: http://www.xyplorer.com/

WinDriversBackup Personal Edition

Company: Jermar Software Corp Author: -- (Freeware) (free for personal use/non-commercial use) NOTES: last Freeware version

Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP

Description: WinDriversBackup is a handy tool for backing up your Windows system driver files. Use this program to find and identify all drivers or optionally limit it to non-Microsoft drivers and then copy them to a backup directory of your choice. You can choose to copy all or only selected drivers.

Program description: http://freeware4u.com/modules/mydownloads/...ile.php?lid=172

Process Explorer

Company: Sysinternals Author: Mark Russinovich (Freeware)

Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Description: Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open? Now you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded. The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded. The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.

Home page: http://www.sysinternals.com

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LemonHead2089

this is mainly a p2p site which is why i can guarantee why most of those apps you posted will not be added to the site

yeah, process explorer might get listed, i've been thinking of adding most of the sysinternal tools to be honest. but the others are a big maybe, like startup control....you could just go to Start > Run > msconfig > Startup :lol:

okay (: well i think free download manager rox getright.

and i have found that editing startup with msconfig messes up my computer ):

how about the firefox-plugin page? i see a lot of potential! :lol:

Archived