Windows7 Security Software Providers

LeetPirate

Windows 7 is here and many of us are already using it. Major problems include locating compatible anti-virus and other security software. Since I have had no choice but to disable my secondary real-time scanner (MBAM) due to various problems, I began searching for compatible anti-malware software for Windows 7. I found a compiled list of compatible security software, recommended by Microsoft so I thought I would share this information.

Windows 7 security software providers.

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think ESET's doesn't have place for sometime Temp. OR ESET has refused to pay to MS for putting there name.

• Administrator

Maybe MS was late for contacting ESET. Or ESET is losing its money because of Box and mara- fix?

ESET isn't there because they are only halfway compatible with Vista and Win7 by a fluke. There are many code changes that need to occur before a program could be fully compatible with Win7 and Vista. Take for example the nod32 scheduler, and I will be pasting some data from my other post I made about this.

Vista and Win7 operate differently from XP in that it separates a programs' services from its main application exe and they are held in different sessions. This is a security feature of the ever evolving fight against malware and the way programs execute. The sad thing is ESET is still depending on decade old code to schedule and execute programs with "system" credentials and this nonsense has to stop because we are not in the era of windows 2000 anymore. You can read here to find out more about Interactive Services.

Eset needs to do over some of their code to make certain things run on the application frontend session instead of the kernel service backend.

This could be just 1 of the many reasons why ESET is yet to make the cut.

• Administrator

Thanx for the info Leet. ANW we were, atleast I was, just jokin. :hehe: .

ESET has to sort some of it's...... to be on top as I don't think many people think or know that ESET is somewhat a great AV.

karachidude

i hope ESET makes it to the list :eek:

it has the easiest fixes and is the lightest on resources.

playboy6006

No Avira too? I actually use the windows 7 RTM build 7600 together with Avira but I got no incompatible issue so far!

Archived