Torrentz is back

sudoku

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torrentz.eu clone website surfaces online

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Torrentz-eu-clone-website-surfaces-online/articleshow/53617519.cms

Can anyone get an "official" ownership of the site ?

All my WHOIS tools are coming up blank, and a traceroute from Brazil took me to a server in California, USA.

TIA

They do not claim to be a mirror. Bluntly say on the frontpage, its a clone. Does not look like foul play to me.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, edwardecl said:

looks like it searches more sites as well, so an upgrade :).

Indeed. Makes me wonder, why did not the owner just give the keys to the site to someone else and let the original one continue, TPB did that.

Just found out that Torlock's search is crappy. Found something on this which Torlock's own search refused to show. This is why I like it, it finds things which a torrent site's own search engine does not show on it.

Torrentz.eu Clone Emerges online as Torrentz2.eu

As you may know Torrentz.eu quit their operation without stating any reason — Good news is that its clone Torrentz2.eu is already up and running.

Torrentz.eu, one of the Internet’s largest torrent meta-search engine shut down its operation on August 5, 2016, without stating any reason but the good news is that its mirror or clone, in other words, has surfaced online with a Torrentz2.eu domain carrying on with the legacy of the original platform.

The Torrentz2.eu domain seems to offer the same services like theTorrentz.eu yet it is unclear if the party behind the current clone has access to the original database and or the original database is being used on the new one.

Users visiting the clone can see a message clearly stating Torrentz2.eu is a clone of Torrentz.

Torrentz2.eu is a clone of Torrentz, a free, fast and powerful meta-search engine combining results from dozens of search engines Indexing 59,642,496 torrents from 124,468,859 pages We will always love you Torrentz. Goodbye,” according to the message on Torrentz2.eu’s homepage.

There has been no official statement from anyone about the ownership of this clone domain nor have there been any signs of its previous existence unlike Kickass Torrents domain whose owner Artem Vaulin was arrested and domain was forced to go offline yet, another team calling itself KAT crew contacted us and other media platforms upon officially launching Kickass Torrents mirrors days after the incident. Remember, Vaulin was tracked all the way back to Poland with the help of an IP address and iTunes purchase.

We got in touch with Ernesto, one of the experts from TorrentFreak and asked for their views on this clone, as expected they were straight forward and stated that: “There is no Torrentz ‘clone’ with the official database and there will never be one. There are a lot of sites that use the Torrentz name, but those have nothing to do with the original site.”

Ernesto also highlighted the fact that whenever a torrent domain is taken down scammers take advantage of such situation and come up with malicious clones. So in case you plan to use aforementioned clone do it at your own we at HackRead are not responsible.

Source:

https://www.hackread.com/torrentz-eu-clone-emerges-online/

1 hour ago, phoenixcoder said:

Seems to be down now

its in and out that's seems there under a heavy DDOS attack.. the problem with clones you dont if there service will be dependable and will they just get shutdown for not following DMCA . See torrentz was more than just a search engine it was well maintained and they followed DMCA  .When the UK tried to take there eu domain away torrentz took it back. As far as making  a clone with a lot of sites   I dont think it would be very hard but keeping it running may be . Torrent Search is a app that done the same thing as torrentz  without a web browser .but they stop developing it  in like 2012 it still works  but someone needs to fork it to update the torrent sites urls. but  it still gives results .it has like 1sites still working to get torrnets from and you cam download a torrent without opening you're web browser . :P

16 hours ago, Pequi said:

Can anyone get an "official" ownership of the site ?

All my WHOIS tools are coming up blank, and a traceroute from Brazil took me to a server in California, USA.

TIA

Its hiding behind cloudflare . So the lookup would not be correct no way.. :)

Kickasstorrents clone is up. Beware  Its fake and scam.

Link:

Spoiler

KAT.AM

Whois report:

Spoiler

50164cdffd654578a56c2addba68963e.jpeg

2 hours ago, sudoku said:

Kickasstorrents clone is up

Link:

Reveal hidden contents

KAT.AM

Whois report:

Reveal hidden contents

50164cdffd654578a56c2addba68963e.jpeg

Scam.. You must create a free account to download, if you try to create one you will be redirected for an advertisement site. Also search not working, and if you open some torrent you can see the details of seeds, peers, "good torrent or bad torrent" are fake. 

1 hour ago, daniel3x said:

Scam.. You must create a free account to download, if you try to create one you will be redirected for an advertisement site. Also search not working, and if you open some torrent you can see the details of seeds, peers, "good torrent or bad torrent" are fake. 

Seems like they are under Denial of service attack.. I will update the post if required.

you are right . removing link from post.

torrentz clone is taken down as well.

Thanks

• Administrator

Am I the only one who thinks they missed a fine chance of naming their site with an extra z instead of 2 here. :P

Archived