The Rapture? Second Coming of Christ?

Ambrocious

I don't know what everyone else believes here but I honestly believe that SOMETHING is going to happen soon. I'm not really sure if it's gonna be the Rapture or if Christians will have to stay through all of this mess. I'm a Christian and I realize a lot of people here are not and so I am wondering what you all believe? The world is getting worse and I can almost FEEL something is about to go down...something massive.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that every generation of hardcore Christians and others for whom their religion has an "end times" mythos have convinced themselves that they are living during it. It ends up being nothing more than a psychological mechanism for boosting their self-esteem. After all if they are living in the end times it must make them feel as if their lives are just that much more important, like they were characters in the epic ending of some great movie and that by their sheer existence alone their lives are "special", special without even having to try to be.

Myself an ex- religious live by the saying:

If there was a god- I'd know, if there is one- show me it!

However I wouldn't discount someone having a religious approach in his life as anything lesser than mine, as long, as no one is going try to impose his believes on me!

As in regarding "the end"- well depends on how you are taught: starting from medical term as anxiety, ending with agreement on you post... pick and chose what is right to you!

I agree.

If you look at the history of the human race, you will surely see that it has never been a happy place everywhere.

Far from it.

This is my "religion"(quit different from most others.. Listen what he'll say ). Well I actually aren't 100% with it.. cuz yet again I can't be sure if there's a god above.. Proof plx :)

My personal beliefs are irrelevant to what others follow.

I believe in the freedom for a person to observe and understand for themselves. I do not believe in effecting these decisions, or bending perceptions. In that - we become everything that is not us, but something of everyone else. We stop thinking for ourselves. The master of nothing needs to be lead. The questions they ask on that journey, is there for the discovery of answers in using each and every aspect of what is around us. I think it a part of a survival skill for most to be able to do so. Those that don't live in herds, and act without thinking.

Through various levels of enlightenment on things outside of the known perception, ( or thinking outside the box ), people can become aware of many things, the nature of those things - can be limited by the ability and skill of an individual to be able to think and process all information observed. We learn from our mistakes because we learn the whole process of what takes place leading up to being wrong. This in its self can help in the redundancy. Sometimes I don't think it is about really finding the answer but about living. I see so much of it wasted. I see these things effected by everything from a system of financial survival that destroys, inhibits, and fails ( OMFG EPIC FAIL.. ); to obstacles that people put in place due to the first thing that they think or feel. Due to things that haven't turned out well, and the very same mistakes that most people learn from. I would call it instinctive, but then again instinctive initially is put there for involuntary reactions that would keep us unharmed. I don't think that areas of this nature should bleed over to place within our lives where we should taking in information and data to better process our environment, and I do believe that this environment is inclusive of our own mind and the way that it works.

You can say that its the second coming, you can say its the rapture.. but in reality I think that it is fear of your life coming to an end. Not physically but within your world and the values you place on the things around you and within it. Change is inevitable. Trying to live in a world were, random variables which change with sometimes- and emotional state.. never alter, break, change, think for themselves, begin and end..and always remain the same.. is not very practical for anything nor anyone. We all fight to achieve these things starting at a young age, at which point we have become aware that 'WE' exist.

But if you look at each one of our lives like a dimension. To one, things may be quite different from another. People don't ever realize what different realities, entire infrastructures that would seem almost alien to each other that exist out there from mind to mind. The traditional where to one maybe EVERYTHING that is right and good may be to another the most disgusting and under-developed of everything that is represented in their 'world'. Yo can retrace the views of different people all the way back to when they were children and the events, feelings they have making the person what they are. Most never observe those connections and stayed chained within a comfort zone of what feels, right. Life on the edge, with all of the adrenaline pumping.. the fear of something new is outside...their mental conditioning. In this change can trigger a PROFOUND response, to the stimuli...The mind can turn uncontrollably looking for answers, placing only what is most common and observed in ones life, and can apply it to the explanation, perception, and in most cases a dissociative manner. Some can see they are wrong if they know they are looking for an answer.. others will simply wallow in devastation, and desperation while others may be alleviated and can slip back into their comfort zone. Almost like something full of all the perfect excuses. Something that would sooth the savage beast regardless of the eventual fate, blinding and deceiving, threatening life - in all its forms and definitions. Hindering many from every achieving what it is supposed to represent. Regardless of what it may be.

I believe in the cycle that exists, and within each and every thing in existence; and in everything that will ever come into existence.

I remember a few years back some Jehovah witnesses, Mormons (or whoever they were) came to me and started talking about the "return of the Christ". They said we should prepare for it, but to know how to do it, they asked me to read some kind of book or join them. After listening to what they had to say, understanding almost nothing, I told them to sc*** off (through flowers of course :) )

I believe that no matter what religion you believe in, none of them teach you to kill or harm innocent people so why must their be so many wars fought over this? I believe Hitler was on to something, maybe he knew something I don't, he tried to purge the Zionist threat. Now please, nobody go all self-righteous on me, Hitler didn't kill any millions or thousands, that number is so exaggerated it's sickening. What Hitler did is no match for what the Zionists are doing and have been doing for so many years while the world turns a blind eye. I guess it's ok to to use any means necessary if it means building some temple for some messiah to teleport from space to show Hitler how it should have been done. For those of you who don't know what's really going on there, the Zionists treat everyone as equal threats to their cause, even the Orthodox Jews so don't think it's a mere religious war over there, this is way deeper.

Common sense will tell you that no Godly messiah is going to come from a temple and say "thanks for killing so many people, I really needed this temple. For all your mass murder, I shall take you to heaven; forget fairness, justice, righteousness and all the other qualities attributed to God." Apparently Zionists have no common sense.

And another thing, England and their plan to raid India and Pakistan then divide them across religious borders is the cause of all the wars over there. As far as I know, those people used to live in harmony across there as one whole country regardless of what religion they followed.

My point here is that all nonsense begins with someone trying to impose their will on others. Everyone is free in this World and there is no compulsion in religion, sadly the Imperialists thought they knew what was best for the lands they invaded.

Just live and let live or live and let die. Nobody wants to be a prisoner.

@manpe: it had to be Jehovah witnesses harassing you :D; Mormons are a quiet bunch that do not harass the daylights out of others, infact you cannot convert to a Mormon, you have to be born one. I could be wrong but this is what I think.

I believe that no matter what religion you believe in, none of them teach you to kill or harm innocent people so why must their be so many wars fought over this? I believe Hitler was on to something, maybe he knew something I don't, he tried to purge the Zionist threat. Now please, nobody go all self-righteous on me, Hitler didn't kill any millions or thousands, that number is so exaggerated it's sickening. What Hitler did is no match for what the Zionists are doing and have been doing for so many years while the world turns a blind eye. I guess it's ok to to use any means necessary if it means building some temple for some messiah to teleport from space to show Hitler how it should have been done. For those of you who don't know what's really going on there, the Zionists treat everyone as equal threats to their cause, even the Orthodox Jews so don't think it's a mere religious war over there, this is way deeper.

@manpe: it had to be Jehovah witnesses harassing you :D; Mormons are a quiet bunch that do not harass the daylights out of others, infact you cannot convert to a Mormon, you have to be born one. I could be wrong but this is what I think.

Comparing bad with worse doesn't make bad good, it only makes it better than worse :dance2: (Not saying you suggested that bad was good, but what you just said could be interpreted that way ;) It's just a general misconception I'd like to get out of the way(not suggesting that you didn't know/understand this))

You can actually convert to Mormon ;)

Comparing bad with worse doesn't make bad good, it only makes it better than worse :dance2: (Not saying you suggested that bad was good, but what you just said could be interpreted that way ;) It's just a general misconception I'd like to get out of the way(not suggesting that you didn't know/understand this))

You can actually convert to Mormon ;)

I understand what you are saying. What I was trying to point out was that what's done is already done in the past, that can't be changed. What is being done is the present, and the world turns a blind eye and lets it happen. The UN seems to have no power of veto to prevent the mass murder that is occurring today and can be stopped.

Didn't know you could convert to Mormon, :D, the Mormon group over here usually just keep to themselves.

I understand what you are saying. What I was trying to point out was that what's done is already done in the past, that can't be changed. What is being done is the present, and the world turns a blind eye and lets it happen. The UN seems to have no power of veto to prevent the mass murder that is occurring today and can be stopped.

Didn't know you could convert to Mormon, :D, the Mormon group over here usually just keep to themselves.

Good :)

You know, I'm a Moron actually, it's pretty easy to convert to Moron, all you have to do is act like me :frusty: :rolleyes: (I'm sorry, but I just had to do it :P I mean, it's just too damn easy, this joke must've been made like a thousand times before, but still :P)

It's true that they're not actually trying to convert anyone though, but you can convert to them.

Archived