elohelomg

rollback rx

bufferzone

on demand hitman pro

• Replies 959
  • Views 334k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ERP. Good thing is its price. $20 for lifetime.

And how long is their lifespan?

The same length as a piece of string.

Sandboxie+AppGuard+HitmanPro with IFW and SP backup images :)

spinalgr1998

1. Rollback Rx

2. Sandboxie

3. MBAM

4. Hitman Pro

5. nProtect MBR Guard

6. Comodo KillSwitch

7. Virus Total uploader

8. SUPERantispyware Portable

5. nProtect MBR Guard

Why MBR Guard? :unsure:

it protects the MBR ...the other apps can't protect it !

Then what about Sandboxie? :naughty:

sandboxie can't protect 100% the MBR !!

Sandboxie doesn't allow drivers to be installed in a sandbox. Most rootkits if not all install drivers. If you keep using Sandboxie, it is not likely your system will get infected by one.

By the way, a few years ago, searching for tools to prevent rootkit infections is how I discovered Sandboxie.

From Sandboxie's FAQ

How does Sandboxie protect me, technically?

Sandboxie extends the operating system (OS) with sandboxing capabilities by blending into it. Applications can never access hardware such as disk storage directly, they have to ask the OS to do it for them. Since Sandboxie integrates into the OS, it can do what it does without risk of being circumvented.

The following classes of system objects are supervised by Sandboxie: Files, Disk Devices, Registry Keys, Process and Thread objects, Driver objects, and objects used for Inter-process communication: Named Pipes and Mailbox Objects, Events, Mutexs (Mutants in NT speak), Semaphores, Sections and LPC Ports. For some more information on this, see Sandbox Hierarchy.

Sandboxie also takes measures to prevent programs executing inside the sandbox from hijacking non-sandboxed programs and using them as a vehicle to operate outside the sandbox.

Sandboxie also prevents programs executing inside the sandbox from loading drivers directly. It also prevents programs from asking a central system component, known as the Service Control Manager, to load drivers on their behalf. In this way, drivers, and more importantly, rootkits, cannot be installed by a sandboxed program.

It should be noted, however, that Sandboxie does not typically stop sandboxed programs from reading your sensitive data. However, by careful configuration of the ClosedFilePath and ClosedKeyPath settings, you can achieve this goal as well.

sandboxie can't protect 100% the MBR !!

Using ur computer is like sex, nothing is 100% safe. The only way to be 100% safe is to not use ur computer. I dont know about you but I like to use my computer :naughty: if you follow what I am saying!

Present Security Setup:--

• Adblock Plus (with Element Hiding Helper)
  • CookieSafe
  • NOD32 non-resident (installed only when a manual deep-scan is to be done.)
  • NoScript
  • Process Lasso Pro.
  • RoboForm Pro.
  • Windows Firewall Control
  • MailWasher Pro

When it is done? :tooth: After the scan is done,do you restore the backup image? :think:

When it is done? :tooth: After the scan is done,do you restore the backup image? :think:

There is no imaging involved in an ESET scan.

OK.Then what do you do after the manual deep scan,especially since NOD32 seems to be non-resident on your system? :unsure:

OK.Then what do you do after the manual deep scan?

The scan is just a periodic verification to find out hard-coded stuff such as root-kits.

Invariably, my scans have never returned a positive and that brings a great sense of self-satisfaction and self-fulfillment.

In other words, after a manual deep scan - I sleep. :P

:uhuh: What does NOD32 do after the scan is finished?Do you uninstall it?

:uhuh: What does NOD32 do after the scan is finished?

That depends on how you configure it - in my particular settings, it asks what is to be done with the various stuff that has been flagged . . . . . . . . clean, delete, quarantine, ignore, etc., etc.

since he goes for asleep it wakes him u p saying heyy DCs18 Wake Up & remove me From Your System :P

That depends on how you configure it

I thought NOD32 would be uninstalled after the manual deep scan

since he goes for asleep it wakes him u p saying heyy DCs18 Wake Up & remove me From Your System :P

In fact, many AntiVirus systems have the peculiar behavior of halting the scan to ask the User after the first infection is encountered - Users of such AntiVirus systems can never hope to retire to bed in the hope of the scan being completed by the end of their sleep.

That depends on how you configure it

I thought NOD32 would be uninstalled after the manual deep scan

It never was installed in the first place - I use a NOD32 BootCD which translates into swifter scan times that is far more effective at infection-removal as the processes are not locked up, by Windows.

Needless to say, I am at a luxury to enjoy my system (despite running a high-end hardware) while others have to put up with the tortoise pace of real-time scanning (despite running a low-end hardware.)

Avast Pro

WFC

MVPS Hosts

MBAE

AdGuard for windows

A few FF add ons..

Masking agent 1.3.0

Self Destructing Cookie

Smart Referer

Clear Console

Ghostery

Airstream_Bill

Just User information. I have had Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 installed from beta until now. I guess I was bored but I installed Malwarebytes 2.xx I let it updated and scan. NOTHING Found. Guess I will uninstall it now. Bitdefender seems to be enough for me.

Archived