IDM Registry

Guest wendy

Guest wendy

I need to find the registry key for the Internet d'l manager... can anyone help???

My brother said I may need to register it in order for all the functions to work.

Right now - no matter what browser I'm on - the box to ask if I want to d'l the video, etc. doesn't pop up at all.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to:

Start > Run > regedit

Then when you're in regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Then just look for Internet Download Manager

You didn't specify which key you're looking for. Can you specify that & why you're looking for it?

Slightly unsure about what this request is about to.

It would be useless posting a serial key

I had to request for a new one after some testing. They told me this

Your original serial number was blocked by our server automatically. It's possible if IDM was used on several computers under the same license.

Your NEW S/N for one computer:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cut and paste this S/N to IDM.

Please note that IDM has per computer license. In order to use IDM on several computers at the same time please obtain licenses for each one.

Guest wendy
Go to:

Start > Run > regedit

Then when you're in regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Then just look for Internet Download Manager

You didn't specify which key you're looking for. Can you specify that & why you're looking for it?

Some of the functions stopped working after I had to system restore my computer. I came back and re-downloaded the IDM, but now the box doesn't come up when I go to something I want to download. My brother said I'd probably need to register it before it would work again, but he got it for me from here the first time...

Some of the functions stopped working after I had to system restore my computer. I came back and re-downloaded the IDM, but now the box doesn't come up when I go to something I want to download. My brother said I'd probably need to register it before it would work again, but he got it for me from here the first time...

Why didn't you just uninstall it? You need an unintstaller that deletes registry keys as well as the program so download Your Uninstaller! Pro, unintstall IDM with Your Uninstaller! and then come back here to download an install IDM after you've done so.

Guest wendy

Why didn't you just uninstall it? You need an unintstaller that deletes registry keys as well as the program so download Your Uninstaller! Pro, unintstall IDM with Your Uninstaller! and then come back here to download an install IDM after you've done so.

Thank you very much... I'll try that - I'm assuming it's safe???

Thank you very much... I'll try that - I'm assuming it's safe???

Trust me it is. It has a backup feature so you can undo changes. I also wouldn't recommend something if it was dangerous ;)

Actually I have good experience in using this program and I hope this will works, however follow these instructions carefully.

1) Uninstall the program and restart the Windows.

2) After the restart make sure that the program directory is not existed "C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager" (Default) and if existed delete it.

4) Open the Notepad then Copy & Paste the following save the file as "IDM.reg" without quotes (DO NOT MODIFY) and run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Internet Download Manager]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DownloadManager]

5) Restart.

6) Download the latest version from the official site Internet Download Manager and install it then at the end DO NOT EXIT press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to start the task manager, go to "Processes" tab and end the "IDM1.tmp" process.

7) Download the Patch from Internet Download Manager on nsane.down

In Vista/7 download the (Alpha Patcher) one.

In XP download the (Gag) one.

8 ) Copy it to the directory "C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager" and run it as administrator (Vista/7/XP regardless)

9) Restart.

* If you use Mozilla Firefox download the "IDM CC" from Firefox Integration page on the Official site to have the full compatability between the IDM and the Firefox.

For any farther information PM me.

Enjoy

-Shmit

@Shmit

Thanks, I didn't have any problems with it but I didn't have the latest IDM CC, I only had 6.3 and the newest is 6.5.

EDIT: I've actually had problem with it... sometimes with some slow servers whole Firefox can lag because of IDM trying to get the link.

@ Anteus

Enjoy, my friend...

Archived