Windows 10 Dominates PC Gaming, New Steam Data Shows

tomm

You cant prove what encrypted data does really , but fact  is  you can prove microsoft keeps logs because the DOJ has been in court with Microsoft since 2013  ..If you use there services its a fact they have logs  Read the 100 + pages you agree too when you install it . If you want know what can and cant do.

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, steven36 said:

You cant prove what encrypted data does really , but fact  you can prove microsoft keeps logs because the DOJ has been in court with Microsoft since 2013  ..If you use there services its a fact they have logs 

So there is no data being stolen and all over the forum spreading that propaganda is a bad thing, you admit it.

yes encrypted data can't be very transparent but logs are logs, not stolen data. if a VPN keeps logs it doesn't mean they steal your data. if your mobile operator keeps logs, which of course does it, doesn't mean they steal your data. Microsoft isn't even hiding it, they clearly say they keep logs. 

if you're really that paranoia then better go after Google for keeping millions of credit card numbers and information and all the passwords and email addresses saved in Google Chrome account. now that's something more sensitive.

Read the 100 + pages no its not being stolen because you agreed to let them when you install it , so i block it. . FFS

updated January 2016 Microsoft Privacy Statement

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/

Microsoft Services Agreement went in effect  August 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/servicesagreement/default.aspx

Microsoft collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Microsoft account, submit a search query to Bing, speak a voice command to Cortana, upload a document to OneDrive, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies).

How is it propaganda when they say they do it  even?  They are keeping track of the software you install even . It none there business what i install .I block all that crap. Windows 7 and 8 you could opt out on windows 10 you can only turn it down on low unless you use 3rd party tools to block it. Snowden dont  need too prove something they admit to doing and you agreed too that's silly If they didn't admit too it then it would be against the law  . Why do you think they have all those settings to turn stuff off for privacy ? They didn't put them there for looks, the more you dont turn off the more data they collect.  if  I didn't have a ip sniffer no way i would use  Windows 10 .

I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/9191-i-dont-like-microsoft-terms-conditions.html

39 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Read the 100 + pages no its not being stolen because you agreed to let them when you install it , so i block it. . FFS

updated January 2016 Microsoft Privacy Statement

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/

Microsoft Services Agreement went in effect  August 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/servicesagreement/default.aspx

How is it propaganda when they say they do it  even?  They are keeping track of the software you install even . It none there business what i install .I block all that crap. Windows 7 and 8 you could opt out on windows 10 you can only turn it down on low unless you use 3rd party tools to block it. Snowden dont  need too prove something they admit to doing and you agreed too that's silly If they admit too then it would be against the law . Why do you think they have all those settings to turn stuff off for privacy ? They didn't put them there for looks the more you dont turn off the more data they collectt.

I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/9191-i-dont-like-microsoft-terms-conditions.html

That's not the right way to look at it. you just trying to mix things up in order to present your opinion-based conclusions.

about Snowden, better read that article again to see what I mean. it wasn't about Microsoft's privacy policy.

they collect some personal information like address, postal codes, names etc. 

you already given them by a lot of different ways already, using any of Microsoft's services like Xbox, Hotmail, outlook, many more etc.

in the " Usage data. " section, whatever they collect is pretty much what other companies would do if they were instead of Microsoft. search terms are only collected if you use Microsoft Edge browser.

Chrome is able to do the same thing and do much worse things with it as the company is very influenced by political acts. the history has shown us, you might haven't noticed.

Contacts and relationships. , you enter your contacts in their services, so what. you except them turn their head away from something that is in front of their eyes every day? again Google Android does the same thing with your contacts. all of them are shared and saved in an account and servers kept by Google!

worried about Windows' default privacy settings? what about Android then? it automatically uploads all your photos you take with camera into their servers, unless you turn that feature off manually.

Location data , very normal. if they have your IP they have your location, and any device connect to the Internet has your IP and location, nothing wrong with it.

Content. , they don't really collect anything. they just see what you give them. you put your files in their servers and they can see them. actually any file sharing website out here, thousands of them on the web, can do the same thing. now if Microsoft clearly tells its customer this it doesn't make any difference.

so FFS, don't focus on one company, all of them are the same. the best choice for you is to unplug your Internet, satellite and whatever you got and go in the underground.

Were is you're link from Microsoft  saying they dont do anything? only thing is they say is they do  . They will take anything you will give them . If you even made a Microsoft account  with you're real name and logs in it on you're PC  ever they can tie it to every piece of data they ever got  off you .. Windows 10 is tied into the  HW ID.

I never said I have a link for such article. every person every company do the same, they take everything you give them. you except they don't accept that? so for example, you wanna upload your files in your One drive or Google drive or wanna make a Facebook account with your real name, which you should according to the Facebook's law, you want them not to accept that and say, hey we don't need your real info, give us fake ones !

Yes you do need a link without proof you're just wasting my time . I dont go by what  forum posters say or what the news say i read it for myself  . And they admit to it same reason i stop signing into Google and Facebook they changed there privacy policy . . Tell they say they changed it themselves i will block them all i can i dont block windows updates yet but if they piss me off Ill just nuke windows and put linux on all my pcs.

Just now, steven36 said:

Yes you do need a link without proof you're just wasting my time . I dont go by what  forum posters say or what the news say i read it for myself  . And they admit to it same reason i stop signing into Google and Facebook they changed there privacy policy . . Tell they say they changed it themselves i will block them all i can i dont block windows updates yet but if they piss me off Ill just nuke windows and put linux on all my pcs.

you got that wrong, I just explained the privacy statement, didn't say anything more to present proof for that.

Yeah so they're all the same, Microsoft is not alone here and never have been. also Linux isn't even a practical option. only for you i guess. 

for others it doesn't replace Google, Microsoft, Outlook, Windows, Android etc etc..

and Yeah just install your Linux and use it. good.

I dont trust corporate America the only thing they done for me was ship my jobs too china. I'm not giving billionaires my data voluntarily to make them more rich. if they want it from me they going have to figure out how to get past my firewall :P

3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

I dont trust corporate America the only they done for me was ship my jobs too china. I'm not giving billionaires my data voluntarily to make them more rich. if they want it from me they going have to figure out how to get past my firewall :P

That's true and yea a good strategy for that. hope you succeed

16 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

That's true and yea a good strategy for that. hope you succeed

Its like this i'm not  knocking you for using windows 10 but dont never trust them . especially if you use KMS  . They putt WGA  in windows XP , And Watt in windows 7  . If windows 10 ever starts selling good and they dont need you as a number anymore  no telling what they may do next  in a update. I used it  3 months the 1st time and i been using about another month  this time because i want to  try redstone .  After July 29th  it would cost me money i can spend on something else. I'm all nice and legal  here . :)

3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Its like this i'm knocking you for using windows 10 but dont never trust them . especially if you use KMS  . They putt WGA  in windows XP , And Watt in windows 7  . If windows 10 ever starts selling good and they dont need you as a number anymore  no telling what they may do next  in a update.

Yes I use KMS, like KMSAuto Lite Portable, KMSAuto Net, KMSpico and sometimes Even KMS Tools ;D

couldn't really make heads out of the rest, sorry

8 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Yes I use KMS, like KMSAuto Lite Portable, KMSAuto Net, KMSpico and sometimes Even KMS Tools ;D

couldn't really make heads out of the rest, sorry

Well when Watt came out it put  like 700 anti exploit  signatures in windows 7  crackers got around it though . If they switch over to a different  system were they sell it as a service were they dont need KMS  anymore  then  it would stop working . Already its changed alot  they didn't even give free upgrades a real key they got something planned  . Its a sid depended  lic . Back years ago they use to could crack windows blinds it was sid deepened but no one has been able too crack it in years .

5 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Well when Watt came out it put  like 700 anti exploit  signatures in windows 7  crackers got around it though . If they switch over to a different  system were they sell it as a service were they dont need KMS  anymore  then  it would stop working . Already its changed alot  they didn't even give free upgrades a real key they got something planned  . Its a sid depended  lic . Back years ago they use to could crack windows blinds it was sid deepened but no one has been able too crack it in years .

Yeah maybe they plan something but I don't think they can integrate it in Windows 10, whatever update they add to it..it's not a cloud OS after all

10 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Yeah maybe they plan something but I don't think they can integrate it in Windows 10, whatever update they add to it..it's not a cloud OS after all

I hope you're right but they already done integrated SID in windows 10 . And that thing were there putting in redstone were  if you need to change hardware  gives them even more control  if they sell it as service .  There replacing phone activation with that it seems  lol . I can clean install windows 10 and my SID activates  it. without a key.

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

I hope you're right but they already done integrated SID in windows 10  already. And that thing were there putting in redstone were  if you need to change hardware  gives them even more control  if they sell it as service .  There replacing phone activation with that it seems  lol .

which hardware exactly? RAM, CPU, Motherboard, Graphic card, HDD, Monitor?

5 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

which hardware exactly? RAM, CPU, Motherboard, Graphic card, HDD, Monitor?

Motherborad  or GPU  . You're HHD dont effect you're  SID . Only way change is to do it something major or use a SID Changer . If you change you're  SID  it will mess windows up lol .

5 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Motherborad  or GPU  . You're HHD dont effect you're  SID . Only way change is to do it something major or use a SID Changer . If you change you're  SID  it will mess windows up lol .

even using this on Windows 10 messes it up?

SIDCHG /COMPNAME:compname /F /R

9 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

even using this on Windows 10 messes it up?

SIDCHG /COMPNAME:compname /F /R

Changing you're sid  can mess many things up  i used one a few times to activate Windows blinds years ago it did funny things .   I would not recommend using tools like these if they fully work on windows 10 you could really mess stuff up and activation will be lest of you're problems .  Don't mess mess with you're SID unless you have been trained to do so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-resetted-my-sid-now-system-is-messed-up-543743.html

9 hours ago, steven36 said:

Changing you're sid  can mess many things up  i used one a few times to activate Windows blinds years ago it did funny things .   I would not recommend using tools like these if they fully work on windows 10 you could really mess stuff up and activation will be lest of you're problems .  Don't mess mess with you're SID unless you have been trained to do so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-resetted-my-sid-now-system-is-messed-up-543743.html

Thanks, but since that thread belongs to 2011 and they tried it on Vista, I think I myself better try it  on a Windows 10 VM to see what happens.

Archived