In need of a mass photo resizer

pHant0m

I'm looking for a program that can do mass resizing of photos based on percentage. My camera is a 7 megapixel, and I never have a photo under 1 MB for imageshack, thus, I end up resizing down to 25% the original size.

If anyone knows of a fairly well known program that can do this for me, I'll be very thankful. I have a lot of photos I need resized within the next week, and I would rather spend my time more efficiently than resizing files individually.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very small and simple..

http://rapidshare.de/files/12608969/Image_123.rar.html

After you install just left click the image and click resize...

I believe Irfan Viewer does that (Long since I used it)

But XnView definetly has that option...Batch Convert

LemonHead2089

yeah IrfanView does it perfectly I just tried it. you have to set it under the advanced options while in the Batch Conversion settings :P

• 3 weeks later...
I tell you what in the future buy a cheaper camera with less megapixels so you wont have to shrink them

Thanks smartass. You've really helped contribute to solving my problem. I'm sure you'd do that too when you need high res for snapshots of soldering jobs on motherboards. <_<

Anyway, I need the resizer for about half of my photos. The rest are for when I need high res, and when I do that, I usually open a photo viewer (xp's integrated one) set it to actual size, and use the "PrtScrn" key and paint to select the area of detail I need.

This time without the sarcasm, thanks to everyone else who posted useful information. I haven't used IrfanView in ages, so I had no clue. Google searches didn't bring anything up for me anyway.

Recently though (just today infact) I was uploading a picture to imageshack that was barely over a MB, and they now (in their error message) link to a program (well, a "quasi-program" of sorts) called Microsoft Photo Resizer. (yes, very plain name. M$ just loves to be plain, now don't they?).. The program is part of Microsoft's Windows Power Toys, and like i said, isnt all that much of a program, because it's found integrated into the right click menu. Use the mouse to select the files you want, right click and hit resize photos. It gives you four options (3 preset resizes and 1 custom): small, medium, large, and by pixel. No percent or MB resize.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...
JunkInternetMail

Dude, use one of these two options:

1) microsoft powertoy image resizer

or

2) batch image resizer

If you need help obtaining either one, hit me up on the PM! WORD!

Heh, thanks dude, but I posted it about a year ago. :D. Still appreciate it, but yeah I ended up using Irfan View then, but now I just use the MS powertoy. Very handy to have it in the right click menu. I use it all the time now.

• 2 weeks later...
Wtf? :lol:
Wtf? :lol:
Wtf? :ganja:

Good question.

Haha, maybe there should be one of those "Press button only once" warnings by the add reply button... :rasta:

Oh well, i've had my fair share too :lol: .

Archived