IPB Upgraded to v2.1.4

nsane

was finally able to scrounge up $70 after paying for hosting etc this month, and decided to go ahead and update ^_^

few downsides tho...

1. lost the other skins, was a prob converting the templates (could be re-installed tho...kept the logos...*cough*sam*cough*)

2. all the old mods dont work any more (ie. contry flags, quick PM replies, etc.), but i'm working on re-adding such mods so dont get to upset

3. something else i forgot...

any ways, i hope you enjoy this little investment...i've still to uncover all the new stuff so it can only get better ;)

edit: btw, IPB sucks, they moved all the post parsing code but left the old post_parser.php there...and had me confused for hours on end...so blame them for the upgrade delay...

• Replies 20
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll sort out some themes during next week. I'll also make sure I get some transparent emoticons which I've neglected to do since last year. This is the kick in the ass I've needed I think. Leave this with me :P

SacredCultivator

Hehe no wonder I was like what is this 'downtime' but good to know we are being kept up to date with things.

As for the Themes... I actually stayed with the Default since the beginning :P

this awesome, the site looks alot more professional. It will probaby impress new people into joining the forums.

Keep up the good work :P nsane

damn, i'm getting kinda agrevated with this...

- Gzip encoding wont work, could force it but i dont really wanna do that

- the copyright removal toggle dont work, once it's gone...it's gone :\

- a few other small options that simply dont work...

/me's about to call it a night, might end up reinstalling tommrow :P

- Gzip encoding wont work, could force it but i dont really wanna do that

I see the changes...

Does Gzip increase the speed of the website delivery onto our screen ?

Just an update on the new themes...

The site where I got the last 2 from have been ported to the version we are now using (as the one I have saved to disk since last time no longer skins everything), no longer allows these themes free. They are charging $25 for each theme.

However, these themes are some of the best I've seen around, and I'm willing to buy one when I next get paid, and another at a later date.

They're currently offering 3 themes; 'Blueshell 1.0', 'Subway 2.01' & 'Arctic'. All 3 are absolutely stunning, but I'm really thinking about the 'Blueshell' theme as it's very clean looking. Here's some screenshots :P

'Blueshell 1.0'

ssblueshell7hr.png

'Subway 2.01'

subwayscreen.png

'Arctic'

acscreen.png

At this moment I've switched my PayPal details to another bank account (as I haven't used it since I changed my account), so it's going to take a week before I can verify the account anyway.

If anyone who views this post, just give me a quick thumbs up of which theme they prefer I'll basically go with the majority vote.

If you would like to help me in this, here's how...

• Using our referral link for our affiliate newsgroup server, NewsHosting.com. After I've received a set amount of funds, they'll send me a cheque which in turn will be pumped back into the site, guaranteed.
  • Alternatively, if you wish to donate anything, however small, my PayPal account is samurai.i3 [AT] gmail [DOT] com. This will be the same account that will end up purchasing the themes so I can assure you any donations received will in turn be used on these.

That's all for now ;)

Samurai

Uhh... I'm used to my Google Homepage (www.google.com/ig) But there seems to be an error in the RSS feed. May the upgrade have fucked something up (again)?

One more thing. At the bottom of the page where it shows the members, for some reason I can only see the Firefox icons. I can't see any Opera or Internet Explorer icons just question marks.

yeah, it's because they haven't visited since i installed the mod so their broswer aren't in the db yet (thus unknown/qmark)...i JUST finished installing it ;)

SacredCultivator

For the three themes I actually love that Blue Shell one, the Artic is pretty sweet but, I think it is only implied for Christmasy, that is just my opinion though.

updated the flag mod, now includes EVERY country on the planet (thanks to 3dflags.com) ;)

anyone who picked a flag before this will have to repick their flag, as the key list was changed (used one from another mod...im lazy) ;)

SacredCultivator

Oh wow, after rechecking on the New Flags, there really are a LOT to choose from.

Blue shell looks clean and simple. Subway looks almost the same as the previous but still fancy.

Archived