Best p2p network/client

Guest Jdawg

I know this is not a new topic here, but with p2p they are all constantly changing.

Which one to use for music ?

Which one to use for programs ?

Which one is easiest to use ?

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ?

Which one is the fastest ?

What should I use ?

• Replies 36
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my recommendations. I haven't used P2P in a long time so I don't know how better these programs or worse they have gotten.

Music - Shareaza

Programs - ABC with www.torrentspy.com

Easiest - ABC

Least spyware and viruses - ABC with www.torrentspy.com

Fastest - I'm sure people will say eMule

What you should use - ABC

I'll humour you... and this is in my personal opinions... others will bound to differ.

Which one to use for music ? Singles: Ares / LimeWire / FrostWire - Albums: Newsgroups / BT

Which one to use for programs ? Newsgroups / BT / eMule

Which one is easiest to use ? All are, depending on your ability to learn.

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? Newsgroups

Which one is the fastest ? Newsgroups

What should I use ? Up to you.

SacredCultivator

Which one to use for music ? Ares

Which one to use for programs ? BitTorrent (uTorrent){Use with Torrentz.com}

Which one is easiest to use ? They all seem to be easy, just depends on how much work you want to put into the settings.

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? Emmm to my experience BitTorrent.

Which one is the fastest ? ALl depends on your Speed, unless with Torrents, the amount of Seeders/Peers.

What should I use ? As Samurai says.. It is all up to you.

Guest elc0173

Which one to use for music ? singles: ares albums:soulseek, bittorrent

Which one to use for programs ? bittorrent

Which one is easiest to use ? ares, other stuff i dont like (limewire)

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? probably would havta say bittorrent... ive NEVER come across anything like that on it.... same wit ares

Which one is the fastest ? bittorrent (when using private trackers), newsgroups (although ive never used em)

What should I use ? if your isp provides it, id havta say newgroups... if not (and you dont wanna pay) i'd say bittorrent and ares

Uploading? Probably something like Bittorrent and emule because u upload as you download. :P

I use LimeWire Pro for music and video. I don't do much image and program downloading via P2P. I don't see the need for anything else.

BitTorrent...with ABC or Azureus. I use Azureus.

I hardly use P2P (or at least TRUE P2P) anymore because:

- If I want to get a song, I just download the album from either BitTorrent or www.projectw.org

- Software: BitTorrent, projectw.org or here.

- Movies - blockbuster and Slysoft:P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

µTorrent and that's all really. I have used Azereus, ABC, BitComet etc. in the past but find µTorrent compact, useful and resourceful. I have tried others P2P programs but find the spyware etc. a real put off!

Get on the best sites for music ---> Oink / FileMP3 etc etc.

Appz ---> Most have a good selection plus I like 2Baksa on http.

:battle:

• 2 months later...

you all needa get a better pc! not many of you mentioned Azureus as your torrent client ;p "yea we know it takes up a lot of PC usage but what it does its a great prog ;p

for music and maybe other little things, use limewire its growing to be a decent p2p.

• 1 month later...

Which one to use for music ? Singles- Limewire/Frostwire/Shareaza Albums- BT

Which one to use for programs ? BT

Which one is easiest to use ? Any P2P

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? :\

Which one is the fastest ? BT when you have enough seeds, otherwise P2P like Limewire

What should I use ? Depends on what your looking for. Personally I use Frostwire for everything except music albums and software, in which I use Azureus/utorrent.

Bittorrent is hard to learn at first but as soon as you figure it out you could teach a monkey to use it. for begginners use bitcomet and as you become more experienced use Microtorrent (utorrent) or azeurus. i prefer Utorrent because its compact and has many tools. Azeurus is bloated because it runs on Java

• 1 month later...
Bolt_Gundam510

no matter what p2p you use, there's all ways a risk of viruses and spy ware with it. for me i use uTorrent my self for every thing. to me it's easy to use and friendly as well. you can search threw these sites for what your looking for something:

The Pirate Bay

SuprNova

you just have to look around and see what you want there.

I'll humour you... and this is in my personal opinions... others will bound to differ.

Which one to use for music ? Singles: Ares / LimeWire / FrostWire - Albums: Newsgroups / BT

Which one to use for programs ? Newsgroups / BT / eMule

Which one is easiest to use ? All are, depending on your ability to learn.

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? Newsgroups

Which one is the fastest ? Newsgroups

What should I use ? Up to you.

i been finding a lot of viruses and malware in limewire pro,anybody else?

Bolt_Gundam510

yea i have found alot of viruses and malware on there for get about shareza they suck i got malware on my other hard drive and it killed it, that poor poor hard drive.

dont forget about lots of IPOD ads

Which one to use for music ? FlashGet

Which one to use for programs ? FlashGet

Which one is easiest to use ? FlashGet

Which one has the least viruses/spyware ? FlashGet

Which one is the fastest ? FlashGet

What should I use ? FlashGet

Ok reason for this, every time i use utorrent over night it restart or sometimes disconnects my whole internet altogether. In other words i can't even go to a website without restarting, maybe it because of my ISP who knows, but flashget works best for me, it can be a download manager and download at a pretty good speed for me. I usually just tweak at the speed i want to download at (5kb, before i hit my monthly allowance, after that full speed :fool:). This can be achieved by doing a simple registry tweak (don't quote my in this but it seems to work). Once word mate TRY IT

• 1 month later...

Fastest is Newsgroups, for sure. Speed can go up to 100MB+ if your internet connection can handle that. I use it for Apps, Games, Movies and music.

Before newsgroups I always used Torrents, with uTorrent. Great prog, same as Azureus but alot lighter.

As peeps have said, the fastest and safest is Usenet/Newsgroups. As for p2p, when something is beyond my retention or isn't on Usenet, then I use Shareaza. I find it is the least resource hogging programme and because it uses Gnutella 1 & 2 and also Edonkey networks, as well as supporting torrents, also the fastest.

As with any p2p programme beware of downloading malware or virus's, with Shareaza these are usually identifiable quite easily though, as they all seem to be around the same size. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived