IE 7.0 Beta 2 Available to the Public

apcmiller

• Administrator

Adblock tools are BAD for the internet. Users blocking INVIDIUAL avderts, i've no problems with, BUT blocking adverts on a large scale (ie all fastclick/ google ads) is bad for the internet.

• Replies 28
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fastclick and Google ads are not intrusive therefore I have no problems with them AT ALL. It's the annoying individual ones that I know I will never click on or those annoying ones with speech. Just remembered that other one where the woman is asking you to type in the box so she can repeat it. Pretty bad if you have speakers on high when listening to music.

Guest Globalist

Samurai... Like i emphisized, I don't haave anything againts text ads. I do however, have problem with websites devoted to blasting 3/4 of the page with banners and ad's. If Nsane relys on the banner ad, it's only one and it's ACTUALLY something well worth a look at. When it's about the text ads, they are always frauds, anyway. But, if Nsane, draws revenue from such text ad's, I'm happy for him.

Samurai... Like i emphisized, I don't haave anything againts text ads. I do however, have problem with websites devoted to blasting 3/4 of the page with banners and ad's. If Nsane relys on the banner ad, it's only one and it's ACTUALLY something well worth a look at. When it's about the text ads, they are always frauds, anyway. But, if Nsane, draws revenue from such text ad's, I'm happy for him.

I also have no problem with sites using ads just as long as they need the revenue.

for example, nsaneproductions. a reason that the forum got updated was because of that ad in the main page. I wouldnt care if he had a big flashy banner ad in the main page, just as long as it did not have sounds and the site improves as a result

Archived