7-Zip 16.00

anuraag

7-Zip is an open-source file archiver, that offers the highest compression ratio, using the new 7z format, which delivers compression results that are usually 30-50% better than standard ZIP. We tested it with a server log file, which compressed with ZIP had a file size of 18 mb and using 7-Zip was reduced to 8 Mb (results may vary, depending on file type). 7Zip supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats, so it can be used with all popular archive files. The program offers a basic file explorer interface and also integrates into the Windows right-click menu. It can be associated with any of the supported formats and also offers command/line support.

Download

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portable 7-Zip 16.00 32-64 bit Multilingual Online

By PortableAppZ

Download Portable 7-Zip Online (0.5 MB)

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/5pccujdxc19w8l3/7-Zip_Portable_Multiversion_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe

In first screen enter: 1600

Extract and run 7-ZipPortable.

Settings of installed 7-Zip should be preserved.

Some fixed bugs:
- bzip2 decoder -mmt2 reported E_FAIL (for k_My_HRESULT_WritingWasCut case),
if we extract partial file.
- 7z solid update (hang in break)
- sha1 worked incorrectly for call after call with ((size & 3) != 0)
- 7z update bcj bugs were fixed.
- split (aaa.001) fixed
- iso loop fix
- rar4 multivol -stdin kpidSize
- drag and drop 1<2.txt
- memory access violation fix

Uh oh, I sense that the version inflation malady has come to 7-zip.  Thanks a lot, Google, for starting that.

It's a very "useful" compress/decompress agent, although I must be doing something wrong somewhere, as I just can't seem to get those fantastic levels of compression that I see some 7zip users/files getting. Mine seems to be no better than WinRAR compressing, but a lot better than WinZIP (what isn't nowadays), which I have dropped since going to Win10 this year.. Now WinZIP is what I call a severe case of suffering from inflation bordering on totally bloated over the years without actually doing a whole lot more than it had been doing all these years. I remember when it (the original WinZIP) was even much much smaller than 7zip is now.. Now look at it.. Maybe 60 to 70 (maybe more) times larger. One of the all-time cases of "bloatware".. I hope 7zip doesn't go this route over the years..

IMO, WinRAR remains the very best all-rounder. Been around almost as long as WZ but look how small it is by comparison - better focussed than WZ, even if they do release new versions every second day - speaking of which, WR 5.40 b1 is now out...!!!

My thanks to BALTAGY and PortableAppZ for their fine contributions to a new version..

InsaneAl

7-Zip Portable 16.00 x86/x64 ML PortableAppS format. Features:

Spoiler

1. Replaced the icons to theme Flattr, toolbar buttons to skin Shirae Color Metro (redrawn to 4-bits of the original 32-bit). Screen
2. 7-Zip is compiled from source, to enable unpacking NSIS-script of the NSIS-executables.
3. From 7zFM.exe removed dialogues settings file associations and explorer integration (always did for 7-Zip Portable, just earlier removed them in ResHacker, but now, since I had to build from source, removed all the code associated with that).
4. In 7z.dll replaced the original 8-bit icons to 4-bit, to reduce the size.

Site: http://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/5796911/7-ZipPortable-16.00-x86-x64-ML.7z.html

6 hours ago, addhaloka said:

7-Zip Portable 16.00 x86/x64 ML PortableAppS format. Features:

Hide contents

1. Replaced the icons to theme Flattr, toolbar buttons to skin Shirae Color Metro (redrawn to 4-bits of the original 32-bit). Screen
2. 7-Zip is compiled from source, to enable unpacking NSIS-script of the NSIS-executables.
3. From 7zFM.exe removed dialogues settings file associations and explorer integration (always did for 7-Zip Portable, just earlier removed them in ResHacker, but now, since I had to build from source, removed all the code associated with that).
4. In 7z.dll replaced the original 8-bit icons to 4-bit, to reduce the size.

Site: http://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/5796911/7-ZipPortable-16.00-x86-x64-ML.7z.html

I love the Shirae Color Metro theme.

I've been using it for awhile.

• Administrator
On 10/5/2016 at 1:30 AM, InsaneAl said:

It's a very "useful" compress/decompress agent, although I must be doing something wrong somewhere, as I just can't seem to get those fantastic levels of compression that I see some 7zip users/files getting. Mine seems to be no better than WinRAR compressing

I personally feel 7z gives not more than 1% better compression ratio than rar, the newer version of rar might be same or better. That 1% is all you get. However, 7z is open source, but requires more RAM. In addition, sometimes, both are individually good in compressing some things while doing it slightly better than other one. Overall, I think when it comes to compression ratio and such things, they both are good as each other I think.

My version, standard = portableapps.com (100%)

Two-in-one, it means system auto detect (32-bit or 64-bit auto detect)

7-ZipPortable 16.0.paf installer

File: 7-ZipPortable 16.0.paf.exe
Size: 2.46 MB

Site: https://www.datafilehost.com
Sharecode[?]: /d/4e0d884f

7-ZipPortable simple zip-package

File: 7-ZipPortable.zip
Size: 3.82 MB

Site: https://www.datafilehost.com
Sharecode[?]: /d/6047a69b

Archived