Mirror’s Edge Catalyst system requirements revealed – Can you run it?

Reefa

tdinLUD.jpg

Every once in a while  a game comes along that is vastly different than anything on the market, and it turns out to be a huge hit. The original Mirror's Edge game was certainly one of these, with its primary focus being running and parkour. The highly-anticipated sequel is in the works, and we've finally got an idea of just what it will take to run it.

If you're hoping to run the game at max settings, it's looking like you'll need to have a rather beefy machine to do it. According to the recommended specs, you're going to need a nearly top-of-the-line graphics card, and at least 16GB of RAM. Check out the full Minimum and Recommended specs below:

Minimum

• CPU: Intel i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350. (game requires at least quad-core)
  • RAM: 6GB
  • HDD: 25GB of free space
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better/AMD Radeon R9 270x or better
  • Input: keyboard, mouse, dual analog controller

Recommend

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 at 3.4 GHz/AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 GHz
  • RAM: 16GB
  • HDD: 25GB of free space
  • VIDEO: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or better/AMD Radeon R9 280x 3GB or better
  • Input: keyboard, mouse, dual analog controller

Thankfully, the minimum requirements aren't bad at all. Just an i3 and 6GB of RAM is enough to get you into the game. Most desktops built in the last few years will be able to handle the game quite easily. I'd venture to guess that most recent laptops with a dedicated GPU should be able to play the game as well, just from looking at the minimum specs.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is due out next month, on May 24th. If you want to jump in and test the game out before that, there is a closed beta starting on Friday. Unfortunately they have already stopped taking signups for it. So if you haven't signed up already, you'll have to wait until the game comes out next month.

source

• Views 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived