Moon

Rudeboy2025

Rudeboy2025

I went and saw this today. If you don't know anything about it, check out IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Moon is a very simple film, yet brilliant film. It is sci-fi film and when I say sci-fi I mean like the ones that they used to make. You can clearly see that the director, Duncan Jones (who is the son of David Bowie, just a little trivia for you lol), is a fan of sci-fi and pays homage to them with this awesome debut. The story is easy to follow, a bit predictable, but never boring and very intriguing. I would call it a mystery/thriller movie more than sci-fi and it uses these genres well. This is a true indie film with a budget of $5 million, but looking at the effects and settings that they used, you could swear that it cost more than 5 mil. Everything looks so real so I have to give props to the people involved for making a great film with a incredibly small (compared to blockbusters) budget.

As for the acting, it is simply brilliant. This is a one-man show, mostly, and Sam Rockwell is amazing in this. They had to pick the right actor to star in this movie and they struck gold (or helium-3 lol) when they chose Mr. Rockwell. If he does not get an Oscar nomination for this then the Academy is going to look like fools, not they that don't look like fools already.

Anyway I left the movie feeling very satisfied and it was definitely worth the money I paid for it. So definitely go check this out if you are sci-fi or a mystery movie fan. It's an indie film, so it's in limited release (only 250 theaters in the US) so if it's in your area then go watch it. If not, then wait for the DVD and check it out because like I said it is a great film.

9.5/10

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds very interesting. I am a fan of sci-fi (books&films). And David Bowie's (Jones) son directing it would be of added interest (a big fan of the early works of David Bowie also). So thanks for telling me about this film. :sneaky:

Archived