Best Firewall

Guest Edward Elric

Guest Edward Elric

Hello to all Nsane Production Furmers :unsure:

I need a firewall for my PC (yes, I don't have one... LOL xD)

But I need to hear some reccomendations first

Wich one do you think is the best firewall software?

Thank You ahead of time to all of you for your help =)

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally prefer Sygate Pro over any others. Depending on how well you are with software you shouldn't really have any trouble setting it up. It is available on the homepage under applications > system and security.

I would have made this post more witty but it's 04.39 in the morning and I need sleep. Goodnight :unsure:

i've been using outpost for a while now, used sygate before that. both are very stable, like(d) em both enough to buy (if i had the money) :unsure:

and sygate was messin with my DSL when i upgraded from 56k so that's why i dropped it (incase you were wondering) :duh:

but it's really up to you which one would be 'the best', the point is your running something (which is better than nothing). kerio and zone alarm are some other good and simple ones. some other users might be able to suggest more, i'm not the biggest security person...

I use Sygate Pro. It works for me, monitors and blocks everything I want it to and I see no reason to change. It's light on resources too.

Guest Edward Elric

But I think that now Sygate Pro joined forces with Symantec (Symantec bought the company) isn't it right?

Isn't better to wait for the next Norton Internet Security?

Thx ahead fo time for the answers :welcome:

But I think that now Sygate Pro joined forces with Symantec (Symantec bought the company) isn't it right?

Isn't better to wait for the next Norton Internet Security?

Thx ahead fo time for the answers :welcome:

No, since norton bought the competition so they got more sales. Norton will never be like Sygate..

Guest elc0173

i dont use a software firewall, if you have a router, theres really no need for one.... infact, if your really into security, go with a hardware firewall instead of a software one, as they can easily be taken down.... the only thing theyre really good for is stopping skiddies......

Look n' Stop is another good one. Crapy GUI but does everything u need it to do. :welcome:

• Administrator
No, since norton bought the competition so they got more sales. Norton will never be like Sygate..
Prove it. Every product symantec buys they rebrand/ add to existing products. They bought the AV from peter norton, the list goes on.
i dont use a software firewall, if you have a router, theres really no need for one.... infact, if your really into security, go with a hardware firewall instead of a software one, as they can easily be taken down.... the only thing theyre really good for is stopping skiddies......

Outbound control? Hardware firewalls are not 100% protection, outbound control (and "value addeded" features) are important too. Lots of features MOST hardware firewalls will not cover.

Look n' Stop is another good one. Crapy GUI but does everything u need it to do. :welcome:

What about rule creation? Naaa... most people won't know what to do. Not the best firewall for non-experianced users.

Agree but the custom rule?...not user friendly. Outpost is better in this part.

Archived