802.11n USB wireless LAN card issue

munkee

I have a 802.11n USB wireless LAN card and running a windows 7 pro x64 OS. when I plugin the usb for the lan card it keeps showing up and then disappearing in the device manager. it's like I'm plugin it in then removing it. all my ports are 3.0 ports. it works perfectly on my other computer running windows 7 ultimate x64 that has 2 2.0 usb ports. Is it a 3.0 usb port problem or something else is up ? thank you

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That USB port must have with Power supply option which you connect the WiFi card for good performance..
Here is How to Check

You can check with that device which is working good on USB. and verify the  same voltage and amp comes from the other one.

Unless the device used has proven support for USB3 ports, use any of the USB2 ports. It's a know issue.

6 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Unless the device used has proven support for USB3 ports, use any of the USB2 ports. It's a know issue.

i don't have a USB2 port all my 3 ports are USB3. Is there something i can do to convert one of these ports from USB3 to USB2 so that my LAN card works ?

17 minutes ago, munkee said:

i don't have a USB2 port all my 3 ports are USB3. Is there something i can do to convert one of these ports from USB3 to USB2 so that my LAN card works ?

Uninstall USB3 drivers. Boot, enter BIOS configuration and disable USB3 support. Done.

What's your mobo model?!

Archived