Cant access internet and need help.

bruinator

2 hours ago, LOQUILLO said:

bruinator what is your age?
I can think you're a child and you lack experience in these things.
All motherboard manufacturers have their own servers which are the drivers for each of its components, there is also Google to make finding all of them.

If everything is so available why cant asus find the correct drivers for anything? They are, after all, ONLY the manufacturers you dolt. Why is that i had to spend 7 hrs with these idiots from abroad that read the wrong manuals, hang up multiple times, their own ppl feeling bad for me for such poor service, telling me they will call right back and never doing so. I could understand the issue being me but when amazon, newegg, tiger direct, best buy, microcenter and multiple pc repair places telling me asus support is one of the worst places they have dealt with because of stupidity, no experience, having to look up info on the net how to fix  for something they do for a living and should know.

The reason support is like this is so many companies the make multiple billions of dollars that dont want to pay american ppl who have all this knowledge what they should be paid and paying so many third world companies pennies on the dollar to do the work. Sorry if I am insulting the many ppl that may live abroad coz there are many ppl there who are very intelligent who wouldnt want to work for such wages as they consider it an insult to their intelligence and i agree with them 100 %. My rant is over.

• Replies 45
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170M-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

Win10-drivers.png

There are a complete driver list for Windows 10 64bits.

• Administrator

Some abuses removed. Opinions and views, unless crossing the line are fine and acceptable, but personal abuses are not allowed. Keep it as respectable as possible.

I guess the official drivers are not working for him. Wrong OS or something, as mentioned here.

In such cases, I would extract this drivers in a folder and then ask Windows to search for drivers in this folder or so.

What devices are not working as of now?

Sorry, I have to ask one question - do you have installed some driver successfully , and you have not got the internet (ethernet) or have not at all succeeded to install any driver. (I ask this because you're not the first one who has a similar problem with the same motherboard).

if things are that worse, and you can't get this pc working on windows 10, may i suggest to install windows 8.1 or windows 7?

this is a momentary solution untill you can find all your drivers.

if it's is ok with other windows versions, you can then do an upgrade to windows 10 and see the results.

we will see tomorrow what happens when they escalate my issues to their highest support. This is gonna be funny as it it one of the aggravating thing i have ever dealt with. Not just a few supervisors but a manager couldnt believe what they have put me through. Kalju, I am not 1 bit surprised you have heard issues with this board.

Just an fyi ppl, trust me do not buy this board as it is not worth the aggravation. Beware.

@bruinator look, you are making things complicated for yourself. The driver disc that came with the mobo is tested 100% to work upto the given OS specifications. Now for newer drivers you can't expect the same thing. They might refuse to work for a reason. The reason I suspect here as the BIOS upgrade. So I suggest you to instal the factory drivers first by copying the disc to a flash drive. Then instal the updated drivers over them. 

After installing the factory drivers you can you an app called Driver easy to find and instal all the required updated drivers  in your system. 

1 hour ago, rudrax said:

@bruinator look, you are making things complicated for yourself. The driver disc that came with the mobo is tested 100% to work upto the given OS specifications. Now for newer drivers you can't expect the same thing. They might refuse to work for a reason. The reason I suspect here as the BIOS upgrade. So I suggest you to instal the factory drivers first by copying the disc to a flash drive. Then instal the updated drivers over them. 

After installing the factory drivers you can you an app called Driver easy to find and instal all the required updated drivers  in your system. 

I cant find the cd disk. I wish i know what i did with it. Do u think i like going through all of this?

Now, i am getting this error "selected 64 bit, d/l top driver and received this error "does not support this OS wnt_10.op_64." for the following files Z170M-PLUS-ASUS-0704, MEI-Win7-81-10_V11001172, Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017576 and Intel_VGA_Win7-81-10_V2019154377. Can you help me install those files plz?

thx

1 hour ago, rudrax said:

Can you plz copy ur cd of it and up load it to a site and i can then download it and copy it to a flash drive. I would greatly appreciate it and you'll save me the aggravation of dealing with asus plz?

thx

I do not have the CD/DVD disc that you want. Go to any cyber cafe or seek help from a friend who has the possession of a DVD writer. Or buy one online. They are not so Expensive

According to MS, It might have to do with the build that they downloaded for me of win 10 and this mobo and I will leave it at that.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Kalju said:

Sorry, I have to ask one question - do you have installed some driver successfully , and you have not got the internet (ethernet) or have not at all succeeded to install any driver. (I ask this because you're not the first one who has a similar problem with the same motherboard).

Can you explain it. You are speaking of same model or brand, also same OS or other. Worth to know I think.

Found it.

@bruinator: Let me suggest some things you can do.

1. Open the archive. Go to Intel and extract Win10 folder somewhere you want. Now, open Device Manager > Network Adapters > right click Intel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN or something like that > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Browse > Select the Win10 folder that you had extracted > make sure Include subfolders is enabled > Next.

See if that works. If it does not, see this:

2. Go here or here. Download either one and see. These are the official drivers from Intel themselves.

It is worth mentioning in the first link, there is something:

Windows® 10 Updates May Cause Driver Installation Issues

This issue is resolved in Microsoft Hot Fix available after March 8, 2016.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3140745

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3140743

Early Windows® 10 updates may cause driver installs to time out or fail due to extended wait time (up to 4 minutes per Ethernet port). In most cases, despite the timeout, the driver installs correctly and is usable. If the driver does not install correctly, retry the installation process. Note that Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager relies on correctly installed drivers. This issue has not been observed when using the initial Release to Market (RTM) version of Windows 10.

I'm wondering if this is causing problems on your computer.

2 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Can you explain it. You are speaking of same model or brand, also same OS or other. Worth to know I think.

@bruinator: Let me suggest some things you can do.

1. Open the archive. Go to Intel and extract Win10 folder somewhere you want. Now, open Device Manager > Network Adapters > right click Intel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN or something like that > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Browse > Select the Win10 folder that you had extracted > make sure Include subfolders is enabled > Next.

See if that works. If it does not, see this:

2. Go here or here. Download either one and see. These are the official drivers from Intel themselves.

It is worth mentioning in the first link, there is something:

I'm wondering if this is causing problems on your computer.

It might have to do with it. I am going to let MS and / or ASUS deal with it and have them tell me what to do since I have been on the phone with them for many hrs this weekend and I am finished being aggravated with it.

On 18/4/2016 at 11:26 PM, bruinator said:

I cant find the cd disk. I wish i know what i did with it. Do u think i like going through all of this?

Now, i am getting this error "selected 64 bit, d/l top driver and received this error "does not support this OS wnt_10.op_64." for the following files Z170M-PLUS-ASUS-0704, MEI-Win7-81-10_V11001172, Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017576 and Intel_VGA_Win7-81-10_V2019154377. Can you help me install those files plz?

thx

This mean that OS installed is x86, and your trying to install x64 drivers into x86 system.

22 minutes ago, LOQUILLO said:

This mean that OS installed is x86, and your trying to install x64 drivers into x86 system.

Read what i said above.

On 18/4/2016 at 11:26 PM, bruinator said:

thx

Then you are trying to install x86 drivers into x64 system.

I have many years in this world, and the error you have is common when you try to install drivers that do not correspond to the architecture that you have installed.

Windows 10 will always try to install the appropriate architecture of your operating system drivers. When I haven´t to hand the CD / DVD driver provided by the manufacturer, so for me the priority is first to install the chipset, network drivers after

the first thing in my opinion with these chipsets is to install Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) Driver v11.0.4.1186 WHQL or the version from asus first.

since these is the glue logic for fans.processors etc... 

ok guys, the issue i am having now is the drivers i seem to have with the chipest are conflicting with the drivers installed with the the download asus had me install in case i used a separate video card instead of the ones on the mobo. I am seeing video as seen in this pic:

error.jpg

Archived