Cant access internet and need help.

bruinator

Installed win 10 pro on my new build with asus z170m-plus motherboard. I cant not get access to internet coz asus and ms cant find the correct drivers for me. Can someone help me out plz. I might need all drivers possible such as lan, chipset, audio and vga. I can us this PC to download and tranfer them to the problemed pc and install that way if someone can help me out plz?

thx

• Replies 45
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest fix would be to download this nice tool on another machine, transfer it over, run it and install the driver it detects. Works really well and is packed with a bunch of network drivers. PS it is called NET by 3DP.

http://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/3dp/net_down_en.php

15 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Here. Just choose x64 or x86...

tried the 1st one for lan and I am getting does not support this OS wnt_10.op_64. MS support and i both received this error. Anyone know why this is happening?

Will try sam3971 option now.

10 minutes ago, bruinator said:

tried the 1st one for lan and I am getting does not support this OS wnt_10.op_64. MS support and i both received this error. Anyone know why this is happening?

Will try sam3971 option now.

Microsoft decided to force users to keep drivers updated... Same flashplayer dictator rule: you install only we provide. It's not Asus or Intel fault...

2 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Microsoft decided to force users to keep drivers updated... Same flashplayer dictator rule: you install only we provide. It's not Asus or Intel fault...

so how do i fix my issue plz? would intel know what to do?

Didn't your motherboard come with  one or more installation disc? Try those first.

Or you can visit This link for required drivers. BIOS upgrade is recommended before you instal other drivers. 

was on the phone with asus for 2 hrs today for now internet and 3 hrs yesterday for correct pin connections. the are fu$king the stupidest ppl i have ever met and it sounds like they talking through a tin can.

MS for 1 hr and they couldnt figure this out either.

11 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Didn't your motherboard come with  one or more installation disc? Try those first.

Or you can visit This link for required drivers. BIOS upgrade is recommended before you instal other drivers. 

came with a dvd but since no one uses them anymore that i know of, i  dont listen to music on them, so i didnt order a dvd drive.

Sam is the balls man.

Depending on the system, that is quote normal, especially when the hardware is newer then the OS you are installing. That nice little tool will work for all cases like that and will tell you when there is an update available :)

It is only for Network drivers. For sound drivers that can be tricky to be honest. In most cases win7/8 drivers will install and work ok with windows 10. Sometimes Windows Update will also install it. What sound device does your system use?

1 hour ago, bruinator said:

was on the phone with asus for 2 hrs today for now internet and 3 hrs yesterday for correct pin connections. the are fu$king the stupidest ppl i have ever met and it sounds like they talking through a tin can.

MS for 1 hr and they couldnt figure this out either.

came with a dvd but since no one uses them anymore that i know of, i  dont listen to music on them, so i didnt order a dvd drive.

Sam is the balls man.

There is no need to call asus for such things. First go to the link I gave you. Select the OS that you have installed. Maximum support you will get for win 10. Download and instal the BIOS upgrade first. Then download and instal other drivers. Report back here. 

Just now, rudrax said:

There is no need to call asus for such things. First go to the link I gave you. Select the OS that you have installed. Maximum support you will get for win 10. Download and instal the BIOS upgrade first. Then download and instal other drivers. Report back here. 

ok I downloaded the first/top files in BIOS, chipset, audio,vga and lan. I downloaded the top/first folder in each of them for a total of 5 folder. First folder has this file in it which isnt an exe file so i didnt do anything: ZPA-0704.cap. I will finish writing this latter.

BRB in a while to finish writing this  thx

38 minutes ago, bruinator said:

ok I downloaded the first/top files in BIOS, chipset, audio,vga and lan. I downloaded the top/first folder in each of them for a total of 5 folder. First folder has this file in it which isnt an exe file so i didnt do anything: ZPA-0704.cap. I will finish writing this latter.

BRB in a while to finish writing this  thx

Did you download Z170M-PLUS-ASUS-0704.zip file? And ZPA-0704.cab not cap inside it I guess. If that is true then open the cab file by double clicking on it and look for setup file in it. There could be BAT file also. In that case right-click on it and click instal. Also, the BIOS upgrade meant to be run on boot mode too. In that case you have to extract all the files indside the cab file to a pen drive and restart your pc to flash the BIOS. 

Just now, rudrax said:

Did you download Z170M-PLUS-ASUS-0704.zip file? And ZPA-0704.cab not cap inside it I guess. If that is true then open the cab file by double clicking on it and look for setup file in it. There could be BAT file also. In that case right-click on it and click instal. Also, the BIOS upgrade meant to be run on boot mode too. In that case you have to extract all the files indside the cab file to a pen drive and restart your pc to flash the BIOS. 

Rad, either i am an idiot or u make things way to complicated to figure out. I am going to copy the dvd drive to a flash drive and try using that.

Cant find the dvd now so asus is being called rud unless u can be a bit more specific in naming what needs to be done so an idiot can understand it or u being more expilicit and naming the exact files u r talking about plz.

31 minutes ago, bruinator said:

Rad, either i am an idiot or u make things way to complicated to figure out. I am going to copy the dvd drive to a flash drive and try using that.

Cant find the dvd now so asus is being called rud unless u can be a bit more specific in naming what needs to be done so an idiot can understand it or u being more expilicit and naming the exact files u r talking about plz.

Download

How to use

21 minutes ago, bruinator said:

how the hell do i get rid of this stupid thing u had me install on my system tray? it is covering everything up in it.

First of all, please calm down... ;)

Then, try to increase screen resolution... Or decrese Windows DPI...If it's not possible, just uninstall it...

Just now, WALLONN7 said:

First of all, please calm down... ;)

Then, try to increase screen resolution... Or decrese Windows DPI...If it's not possible, just uninstall it...

my appologies as these fu$king idiots from asus r pissing me off. I did uninstall it but it came back again but that is not important right now. how do i fix this plz?

• Administrator

Well, sad to hear about your problems with ASUS, all I can say that newer boards might always have some drivers problem. As for the service, all I can say is that build quality is as important as service while buying hardware.

Now about service, my personal experience with ASUS is quite good, except, not on the phone, but in repairs and such.

bruinator what is your age?
I can think you're a child and you lack experience in these things.
All motherboard manufacturers have their own servers which are the drivers for each of its components, there is also Google to make finding all of them.

Archived