What do you think of Jetaudio?

Undefeated

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, let me say thanks very much for providing a link :unsure:

In any case http://www.jetaudio.com/ is the website people should be clicking on should they wish to try this app out.

I haven't tried out JetAudio to be honest, although I have seen it mentioned on other websites. As I visited their homepage, fist impressions were altogether not very good. The website seems cluttered and there doesn't seem to be a page in particular, relating to their media player. This was until I clicked on 'Products' and then 'JetAudio'... http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jetaudio/

jetaudiob8tg.gif

Their screenshot section seems quite lacking with small images seemingly not worthy of announcing their player to all the potential audiophiles, which is bad. The image above was taken from a quick search on Google Images, and I'd advise doing the same for screenshots that actually show you something.

The app however, does seem to have an abundance of features, perhaps dare I say it... too many? This will become more apparent when you realise how big the download is.

16.3MB - Yes you read that correctly.

Similar to Winamp, they offer 2 versions. JetAudio Basic & Plus. The cost to buy the Plus version is $29.00 which, comapred to Winamp is almost $10.00 more.

Or you can buy packs seperately, similar to Nero (both in size!!! and pack offers) starting at $5.95 to $8.95. The more packs you purchase the more feature rich your app will become. If this gets close to the $29.00 mark, you may as well purchase it.

The app also supports skins, although I have yet to delve that deep into the website, some of them actually looked pretty decent. The MMD3 skin which became hugely popular on Winamp seems to have been ported over (with permission from the developer), among others.

The item that I've yet to see in screenshots however, is a playlist. Something as crucial as this can't be missing surely, but again this won't become apparent until I or someone else tests it properly.

With this being said, I am highly doubtful this would make me want to switch my current player to JetAudio. Although, with all respect I am willing to give an unbiased opinion on the app once I start testing it. With that said, I'll download it tonight and start using it tomorrow and give my review sometime this week (circumstances permitting of course).

Didn't try far enough i guess but it consumes some cpu and memory. Right it can convert to mp3Pro in basic edition but don't forget other player like winamp also has the plugin. I prefer DbpowerAMP player, i know it's old but still better than jetAudio. Winamp is still much better, so IMO it's bloat.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi :),

I have been using JetAudio for ages now. I used to use WinAMP but found the quality of the sound from Jet far superior!

There are skins but they seem mostly "too much" IMHO and I stick to the default one (shrunk to the taskbar). Alot of people rave FooBar but I haven't had time to try that one yet (time needed to setup etc...).

If you like sound quality then give it a go. If you like plugins and skins then WinAmp would probobally be a better bet for you. It is quite gready on resource (some days 15000-20000k with no visualisations running!). I know that WinAmp can be used in lower resource configurations but Jet is the "dogs" for me!

If resource is an issue I came across this yesterday (no idea on how it sounds and it has no skins available (or none planned). It is called "Evil Player" and has quite a few plugins.

Evil Player

Available Plugins

* Speex

* WavPack

* Audio CD

* Musepack

* OptimFROG

* True Audio

* Audio Codec 3

* Monkey's Audio

* Windows Media Audio

* Advanced Audio Coding

* Free Lossless Audio Codec

* Apple Lossless Audio Codec

Hope this helps...

:P

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. maybe on a fast PC, it is, but on a less fast PC, you cant do more than one thing at a time...

Archived