Unlocked iPhone Worthless ...

humble3d

Unlocked iPhone Worthless ...

After F.B.I. Spills Glass of Water on It

WASHINGTON (Satire from The Borowitz Report)—Moments after successfully unlocking the San Bernardino iPhone, the F.B.I. rendered the phone permanently useless by spilling a glass of water on it, an F.B.I. spokesman confirmed on Tuesday.

Calling the accident “one of the biggest embarrassments in F.B.I. history,” bureau spokesman Harland Dorrinson told reporters, “There’s no way to express how bad we feel about what happened to that phone.”

Walking reporters through the mishap, Dorrinson said that shortly after the iPhone was unlocked, “There were a lot of high-fives, which led to the unfortunate spilling of the water.”

After repeatedly attempting to reboot the phone with no success, the F.B.I. consulted several Apple support forums for tips on fixing a waterlogged iPhone. “I wish I could report that any of them worked,” the spokesman said.

In a possible thawing of relations between Apple and the F.B.I., Apple C.E.O. Tim Cook offered to replace the damaged iPhone for seven hundred and forty-nine dollars, or two hundred and ninety-nine dollars with a two-year contract.

This post is news satire from The Borowitz Report.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/unlocked-iphone-worthless-after-f-b-i-spills-glass-of-water-on-it

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Akaneharuka

..............lol

May be someone on the background paid the money for this.

ummm yea right...they spilled water on it    yea...   quite sure that did not happen....  they got an Israeli  company to unlock this phone and i am quite sure that same company took a copy of all the data too... and i bet this phone has been unlocked for much longer than stated....

and if it actually did happen terrorist have free reign to do as they want in america.... more myths anf urban legends  is what this is

Ban phones that aren't destructible. The ability for a phone to stop working aids terrorists!

It'd be funny if they truly drop that phone in the toilet instead of a joke article.

Yeah really? one cup of water spilled on a phone renders it worthless? BS it needs to fall into a cup of water to render it worthless not the other way around B)

2 hours ago, asf said:

Yeah really? one cup of water spilled on a phone renders it worthless? BS it needs to fall into a cup of water to render it worthless not the other way around B)

Ah, but this was liquid water..

9 hours ago, CODYQX4 said:

Ban phones that aren't destructible. The ability for a phone to stop working aids terrorists!

It'd be funny if they truly drop that phone in the toilet instead of a joke article.

funny because my first cell phone was dropped into toilet...like really   even if i could have got it fixed do you really think i would actually have used again....it became the phone that sinned and was shunned

Just look at this saga for what it is, a 'Publicity stunt' by Apple, they have according to many reports unlocked these Phones for the FBI in the past (400+ times ?) 

Archived