Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Rudeboy2025

Rudeboy2025

Forgot to post this here, saw it on Friday.

It is very funny and very dark at the same time. Jumps around in the beginning and spends way too little time on stuff, which would make it confusing for the average movie goer. Although after about half an hour it finally latches onto the main story and sticks to it which definitely makes it more organized and interesting because honestly it was a bit boring in the beginning and this is coming from a fan who's read each book multiple times. And how does it compare to the book? Well like it's predecessor, Order of the Phoenix, it leaves out a ton of stuff from the book. The Half-Blood Prince is actually my favorite book, along with Prisoner of Azkaban, and I was disappointed that they didn't include some things which make the book great. Of course, they would have to make it like 6 hours long to include everything, but they should know that fans will go see a 3 hour/3 and a half hour film (Just look at LOTR).

The acting is pretty much the same, which is to say good but it wasn't anything spectacular. Also they have so many characters that we only get to see a glimpse of some characters that are beloved in the books. I thought that they ended the movie at a good point in the story and will probably pick up right after. Also the ending was pretty moving.

Well I'd definitely recommend it to all the fans and the average moviegoer too. It's slow in the beginning, but picks up the pace later on and will keep the viewers interested, well it kept me interested anyway.

8 or 8.5/10

• Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely its so hard to make a harry potter movie and they always omit loads of stuff instead they should try to make a Harry potter series.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Well I felt it was a bit boring and not was always concentrated on the main story. But the endin was great, it kicked off there, but seemed a bit late. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter movies, this movie disappointed me just a bit.

Archived