Audio Problem (PC-TV)

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I just recently boughta new TV because my old one blew a fuse and it wasn't worth the repair.

So I bought a Samsung 52"

And before I used to use a DVI->DVI cable along with a rca (L/R (Red/White) audio) cable.

But with the new TV, it uses HDMI, and so I bought a HDMI-HDMI Cable, but for my Video Card (Radeon 4830) I am using the included DVI->HDMI converter/adapter, and when I plug it into the TV under the input of "HDMI (DVI)", and the Audio into the same input for (HDMI(DVI) Audio), no audio is played on the TV.

And the Audio does work as the TV has sound and if I use the USB feature, the videos (most) play with sound {Some don't due to incompatible codecs}

So my question is... What might have I done wrong to not allow audio to go through? As I'm aware that using the DVI->HDMI Converter renders it to only show video (Which I can see on the TV) just no Audio is heard.

I google da little and people were mentioning settings abotu SPDIF, but in Realtek, I see it but I can't configure it except for muting it. And for both the Output/Input I only have Realtek HD (Output/input), I don't have any other options that I can select.

And I was thinking perhaps I need to dl another program or something that would enable the audio either from Realtek or ATI... But just not too sure.

Might I need to provide any other information?

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

@Atasas: Well maybe not? I just want to be able to play my video from my Computer to the TV, the video works, but there is no sound... So I'm pretty much jsut trying to figure out how to get audio as I've tried using the rca and no go... it just comes out from my PC.

sound some simple misconfiguration... 1'st solution is to try your RCA output to another sound processing device; 2- PC sound is always going to be as good as the sound processing unit- by no means TV is going to be quality one...

uh yah what os r u running? as for solution make sure in to go to control panel, sound devices, check under advanced properties that output device is specified as the one you having rca device?

SacredCultivator

Currently using WinXP 32bit, checking the sound device for option.

1. Worked on previous tv, without doing any option changing. So it does work.

And under my Sound Options, don't really see anything to select the output I want as I only see Realtek HD Audio

SacredCultivator

Yeah.. I only have Realtek HD Audio there, nothing else.

Okay did more googling.. and I found something and going to test it soon.

Seems for Realtek they have specific drivers for ATI's HDMI support... so shall slowly download that (Damn realtek and it being from Taiwan) and try it.

honestly I believe there best way is to check weather output works via different sound processing device... also I do not know samsung settings as if they r automatic as for sound input as for video, you might be worthy to check properties of that on telly, doubtful tho :confused:

Yeah.. I only have Realtek HD Audio there, nothing else.

Okay did more googling.. and I found something and going to test it soon.

Seems for Realtek they have specific drivers for ATI's HDMI support... so shall slowly download that (Damn realtek and it being from Taiwan) and try it.

huh... I was sure you have done so... I bet you'll have no probs!

let us know if do still

SacredCultivator

Hmm slowly dl'ing the specified drivers from realtek for ATI, but yup got a long wait to go fromt he slow speeds... and heading out soon, so when I return from lunch, I'll be instlaling themt o check if that solves anything..

But it makes me a bit curious... If i install that.. if it is the 'same' as the ones I normally dl from here as they are the same Version's... 2.28 *shrugs*

SacredCultivator

Hehe I most likely am as I'm not all to tech savvy ><

EDIT:

Okay it was the audio codec that solved it.

SacredCultivator

Okay problem fixed... But now my question is...

Cause for me to get audio to the TV in my MPC I have to change the DirectShow Audio to the HDMI option.

So my quesiton is... if I wanted to let's say browse the net on the TV instead of on my PC, how would I change my audio to reflect that? As I can't get the audio from YouTube to be on the TV.

And I tried changing the default device in the Sound Options, and that didn't do anything.

I'd use a normal audio(green) to audio(white and red) plug, but I guess that's not what you're wanting to do.

SacredCultivator

^Actualyl I have that... But it didn't seem to work at all, so sorta trashed that idea ><

Well the browsing is no biggy, but was just curious.

Archived