Tweaking an office 2007 installation

Hitman6267

Hello,

I have Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Blue Edition

I'm guessing this is a regular enterprise edition but made unattended.

I've done a little digging and I'm pretty sure all the customization was done in the folder enterprise.WW in config.xml or setup.xml

The bad thing of this unattended version is that it installs everything and that's annoying because I only need word access and powerpoint. So I thought about tweaking it.

Any one know what I should change ?

P.S: I was thinking of attaching the files when I realized the option to do so is gone. Am I right ?

• Replies 14
  • Views 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, at the moment uploading to our forum server is disallowed. You may upload your file to any hosting site you prefer though, or use Dropbox(a free service about which you can read more on our frontpage).

I've got no idea about this, as I told you in my PM ;) :P

I'll see if people need me to upload and then I'll do that.

It's easier than I thought I just need to find the value that has the key in it and delete everything else(I suppose :P)

• Administrator

Don't delete it. Try Reinstalling the program, in setup there has to be options to select what you want to install.

If not. Believe me Blue Edition is just good for namesake and it doesn't need serial keys. Nothing else. You should probably download the Ultimate one.

When I said delete everything else I meant the other values in the config.xml. But it turns out it isn't using that file.

I can uninstall the parts I don't want if I restart the setup but that's annoying...

• Administrator

So you are expecting fruits without work? Just asking.

Try it even when it's annoying.

I know that it works, that's what I did on my computer.

I just want to tweak it so I don't have to do it every time.

• Administrator

Installation every time? I think I'm missing something here.

Well if you don't want to bother trying to figure out how to fix it from unattended here is a torrent for 2007 enterprise sp2. The torrent also contains the iso for professional plus but you might want to deselect that since the enterprise version is the more inclusive package of the two. I've installed this and it works just fine and is NOT unattended.

Site: http://thepiratebay.org

Sharecode: /torrent/4913232/Microsoft_Office_Enterprise__amp__Professional_Plus_2007_with_SP2

karachidude

@ hitman

i have the exact problem.my ms office doesnt allow customization either,than i must have the unattended blue verion.right?

@ janus

if i use this piratebay version,it would allow me to choose which ones i need.right

karachidude

@ Hitman6267

ok.if i use a normal version,it will allow me to customize.Only the unattended version doesnt allow customization?

@ janus

if i use this piratebay version,it would allow me to choose which ones i need.right

Yes its an attended install, allowing you to choose which of Office's programs (Words, excel, etc etc) and subcomponents you want installed. It also doesn't require a key since its an Enterprise version.

• 2 months later...

There are 2 ways to automate office 2007: config.xml or an msp you create and put in the update folder.

To create the MSP Custom File, run setup.exe /ADMIN (Where setup.exe is the office installer).

I have automated Office 2007 both ways and it is easy.

AND THE BLUE EDITION USES KEYS!

I hate it with a passion when they say that it doesn't chair.gif ! Its just automated entering the damn thing so you don't have to type it.

If you don't believe me, run a key fisher and it will dig an enterprise key out of your registry.

All Blue Edition does is automate the key and all of setup. I can do this with config.xml OR the msp and have done both.

Archived