Latest windows XP version

Hitman6267

Hello, from what I know microsoft isn't going to issue any more updates for windows xp. Did micorosft release a final version of XP with all the updates ?

Is there a program that will tell me what builds will my license key work with ?

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can check MSDN website, you will find all software released by microsoft. Here is a link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscripti...ds/default.aspx

Go to 'Operating Systems' (on the left panel), go to 'Windows XP', sort on 'Last Updated' to see the latest released windows XP by microsoft. You can change language if you want.

If you click on details you'll see a SHA1 hash, copy that hash into google and you will find a download link (rapidshare/torrent or whatever). There are differences between xp versions, you have:

- Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Home K with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Home N with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Home KN with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Professional N with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Professional KN with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Professional N - VL with Service Pack 3

- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 - VL

You can lookup in google what the differences are, i always download:

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 - VL

Here is a snapshot:

SNAP18-7-2009-130114.png

Copy SHA1 hash in google to find a download link:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...EFE40&meta=

Now you only need a working key, you can use a pirated key but then you'll need a wga patch. You can find it here:

http://www.supremophantom.blogspot.com/

I have a key (I think it's a VLK) is there a program for me to check what version will my key activate?

I could probably tell you what key you have if you send it to me by PM :lol: (Or just the first and the last digits)

Remember this:

Pro does not work with Home nor the other way around.

OEM does not work with non-OEM nor the other way around.

I will pm you when I find it, I seem to have lost it :lol: How would you go about finding what windows will it work for ?

@dumble,

the version which you gave me the hash for is the last version right? It has all the latest updated right ?

Well, I have most, if not all, VLKs that are widely available so I'll just compare it(I believe it was Jota.Ce who made me that list and found out which key was used for what, credits to him :lol:).

I cant remember the versio used myself, but keys- r just that- use them, change them etc using rock xp)

None of the versions linked are a final build. None of them were published in 2009. So I'm guessing microsoft didn't publish a version with all the updates integrated ?

• Administrator

Microsoft will only publish versions with Service packs integrated. They won't release a new version just some hotfix has been released.

You can always use third party programs (e.g., nLite, RyanVM Integrator, etc.,) to integrate hotfixes.

However, you need to make a clean install to acquire the desired effect :)

Microsoft will only publish versions with Service packs integrated. They won't release a new version just some hotfix has been released.

Thx that's what I was asking about, I thought because there isn't going to be any further updates that they'll release a final version.

they are not gonna stop the security updates for windows xp.. since 62.9% of all computers still run windows xp it would be kinda strange if they did..

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that windows xp has reached the end of it's life cycle at microsoft and this time no more postponing it...

I'm guessing they want windows 7 to be the new windows in use and they want to force people to make the switch and not have what happened with vista again.

• Administrator

Just because it is end of life doesn't mean it won't be supported for the considerable future. If i remember correctly Microsoft will issue security patches until some time in 2014. You have to remember XP was released in 2001. That is quite a long time, even if "full" support was withdrawn this year.

The big question now is: will they release a new service pack?

I'm itching to grab a new service pack :lol:

• Administrator

You mean SP4?

• Administrator

Service Pack named Win 7?

• Administrator

As it will be free of charge.^^.

• Administrator

I don't think there will be another service pack for WinXP, as its only got extended support now.

Might be an Update Roll-up (or two though...)

• Administrator

Yes surly. Will update till 2014. Got extension because people wanted it.

Archived