[help Needed] how to open a folder?

Atasas

Here it goes again... :)

I'll try as short as poss_ I have been using/testing folder access free 2.0 version and in accordance to some stupid rumors

"For kids only"

by opmaco on March 15, 2006

Pros: it's FREE and easy to use...

Cons: Easy to unlock... not so secure... just press "ctrl+alt+del" go to "processes" tab, end the file process "LckFldMenu"... after ending that process you can now rename the folder you locked "[folder name].{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"... just remove the extention ".{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" and the folder is unlocked... is that easy or what?

Was this review helpful? YES | NO

Report this post

Email this post

Permalink to this post

Reply to this review | Read replies (2)

(of being able disable the app though task manager to access the folder) I ended up with invalid installation, then after reinstall could not open the folder as I believe I am entering wrong password or else, uninstalled again, and stupidly rather run few cleaners etc

What I've got now- folder that I'm trying to open has got root directory in to control panel, installing/uninstalling again doesn't help, hoever using PD 2008 I am able to locate files. Rebooting in safe mode- same result. anyone would have a clue how to unlock/bypass get the contents of a folder?

PS I am on a last 500mb Internet data transfer allowance until 21'st...

tool @ softpedia

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! solved!

I solved my probem by using Joel's help

Do this:

reinstall folder access 2.0, place a shortcut icon on your desktop. Then drag the locked folders into the shortcut icon...if done correctly...password will be asked again. Fill in the old password, and you can open them now.

Thanks Lite- the same solution :) !

once again thanks Lite!

to everyone else- nice app, but pain in a back side if things go "funny"... don't use it, unless really have to!

Archived