Install Android on PC without Virtual Machine

Nzyme

Hi friends, thought that this might be a good topic to share. Many of us use a VM to try various software and OS. However, with this method, you can try any version of Android on your PC without creating a different partition or installing Android (like running a live Android from PC).

1. Download the desired flavor of Android from www.android-x86.org

2. Download the portable application UNetbootin from www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net

3. Run UNetbootin and select the ISO file and the desired location (USB or Hard Disk).

4. Restart PC and select UNetbootin. Android runs. Enjoy!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thread moved to Guides & Tutorials.

Quite helpful one I think.

8 hours ago, Nzyme said:

Hi friends, thought that this might be a good topic to share. Many of us use a VM to try various software and OS. However, with this method, you can try any version of Android on your PC without creating a different partition or installing Android (like running a live Android from PC).

1. Download the desired flavor of Android from www.android-x86.org

2. Download the portable application UNetbootin from www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net

3. Run UNetbootin and select the ISO file and the desired location (USB or Hard Disk).

4. Restart PC and select UNetbootin. Android runs. Enjoy!

I am new to this so few queries -

1. Are the Android flavor on www.android-x86.org safe/trusted to use?

2. UNetbootin must be used or I can use Rufus too?

3. I used Rufus & created Live Android on USB. My system is Win 10 64 Bits. USB worked fine & I entered Live Android & everything seems fine. But some apps on opening rotates automatically then its difficult to use the mouse. I disabled auto-rotation but still those apps on opening rotates automatically. Any option/setting so that no apps rotates & all apps open normal/straight/horizontal on the system? System doesn't have touch screen.

4. If I create Android on system all the files are scattered on the location & not in 1 folder. The C drive looks messy in this way. Any way to create Android on hard disk but all files created inside a folder instead of scattered? Or after creation can I put them in a folder & this way Android will work or not & can there be other probs with this?

Nzyme,

I installed on Hard Disk with UNetbootin & boot entry was created i.e on boot it showed UNetbootin. I entered UNetbootin & Android was booted. Everything fine & smooth.

BUT 3 probs -

1. Some apps automatically rotates & then using mouse is prob i.e mouse moves erratic. I have disabled auto-rotation then too those apps rotated. Dont know how to stop auto-rotation or dont know if there is any HOTKEY to rotate the app again & bring back to normal?

2. After booting out from Android & booting to Windows time on the clock is always changed.

3. The major prob. Everytime you boot into Android it starts fresh. Dont know if it works this way or a bug so nothing is saved or I am missing something?

Sad I really loved it...easy, smooth & fast but the probs faced are major & annoying so uninstalled for now. Uninstall was clear & fast with no probs.

Any info/solution?

Archived