Any uninstall software to recommend?

lczlcz

Hi, I remember that when in windows 9x, there was a software called "cleansweep" uninstall software. Basically it compares the disk and registry before and after a softrware installation.

Is there any similar sofwares that you can recommend for winxp? I would like to install a 30 day trial Topcaats software and try to reinstall after 30 days are due.

thanks for the help.

• Replies 11
  • Views 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you use cleansweep if you had a fix for it? Because I got one for ya if you would :lol:

YourUninstaller! Pro uninstalls the program, orphaned files & reg keys if that's what you're looking for.

karachidude

Perfect Uninstaller v6.3.3.5

You should try the jv16PowerTools 2009, It has many other features such as registry cleaner and defrag, file cleaner, internet/pc tuneup, I could go on all day...

But the uninstaller in it is one of the best, not only does it let you uninstall hidden software on your pc, it even deletes all registry keys related to the file your uninstalling. I have never seen any uninstaller do that. And guess what? Its only 6mb! What other software is like that small and do so many features?

I'm only saying all this because this software is in my top ten recommended.

Edit: Woops! It looks like Rock Lee has found another software that deletes registry keys when uninstalling software, I guess I spoke too soon.

thanks to all.

I just find a software that is similar to cleansweep called Install watch. It does a snapshot before you install a software and then does it again afterwards. I'll try that first.

but I'll look at that Jv16 first. I haven't used it for a while.

definitely total uninstall, since it does a registry shot before and after the installation.. so everything gets 100% removed.

• Administrator

Revo Uninstaller.

Archived