USB Port problem. Need help!

sanjoa

Hi everybody! I've a problem with USB Ports. One is working as 1.0, other two are working 2.0 and one is not working. My motherboard is a BIOSTAR NF61S MICRO AM2 SE. I've restarted BIOS configuration and nothing happened about USB ports. I've reinstalled all drivers and nothing. I've formatted mi PC recently and nothing happened. Has the motherboard "dead" or this have solution?

(Sorry about my english-speaking, that is not my mother tongue)

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if both issues happened together(death and slowness),you can be sure there is something wrong with the motherboard hardware.but the good news with usb is that you can divide the remaining ports via usb hubs & you may check your motherboard for usb header panels(these can give u more usb ports).

PsychoticxBloodxLust

they all have to be usb 2.0 ports

did they all orginaly function at 2.0? check for a bios upgrade on the board?

it might be that you have 2 1.0 port and 2 2.0

I have seen people actually shove a USB port lose, and in some case damage the connection to the motherboard. I would check the actual hardware for damage first. If you have any 'prongs' or mangled equipment make sure they are not touching anything...use a pair of tweezers or something to get it out of the way or off of another surface. ( Usually you would notice if it was that serious but it is better to check ) Also check the inside of the port to make sure you dont have anything in there. For safety ( of your system ) do it while its off.

Next thing I would do is use a program like Lavalys Everest Ultimate( > Devices > USB Devices ).. or something similar, and see what information it reports on your hardware concerning the USB ports. It can identify which ports are what, and to find out your motherboard number in some cases. Should you find that your system BIOS is out of date.

EDIT:Your system board basics are on the page.. Drivers..BIOS.. all of it.. LINK

According to this page you have all 2.0 ports..

You can check Windows Update for CUSTOM updates.. which will show any available hardware driver updates that you will not get automatically. The long way would be to find out your chipset information, and look to the manufacturer for a driver update. Installing the wrong drivers can cause a wide variety of issues. Mine for instance, are actually part of the VIA Hyperion Pro drivers which are very easily installed.. ( until version 5.17 ..LOL )

Microsoft Update will get you to the most recent working versions...anything past that, like up to the minute is all up to you...The most important thing to remeber is that if it working like it should .. leave it alone. I use Driver Genius to keep up with the most recent drivers versions pertaining to my system, but I don't necessarily always use those versions.

• Administrator

Open the CPU. See the USB wire is connected properly.

Archived