anyone kno a coo place to dl StyleXP themes?

NikoTheRuso

sup ppl, well i recently felt the need for a lil flavor and change for my pc, so i decided to dl StyleXP from here. installed and looks good, no problems so far. but i dunno where to get more themes/visual styles/etc.! like i said i tried checkin themexp.org but their stuff downloads as .exe files and plus these .exes dont let u actually get to the theme unless u install sum kinda sketchy toolbars or whatever :D . i sure am not gonna take this risk, plus i dont want any toolbars. so anyone have a good, legit place where u can download StyleXP stuff for free? thanks in advance :D ,

peace out

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok coo thanx man looks nice. ill check out deviantart also. anyone else have any sites?

This looks a lil bit better than ThemeXP. I haven't downloaded anything though so I'm not sure if it's bundled with crap or not. Link is ThemeJunkie.com

Still... I think DeviantArt is your best bet. There's something for everyone on there.

If you found anything nice on ThemeXP, I found a command to extract the file from the .exe. Credit goes to "Marc" on TweakXP.

Open the Run Command (Windows Key+R or Start->Run) and type "[path of .exe file] /x [desired extraction folder path]". With no quotes. Just replace the descriptions in []'s to the actual paths. Example: C:\Downloaded\12243.exe /x C:\Temp

The ThemeXP file installer should appear and disappear quickly.

If your antivirus/antispyware is any good, it should detect a couple of threats. These will be WhenUSave/New Dot Net/any of that other bundled adware shit. If it doesn't, just don't run any exe's found in your folder you just extracted the files to. The temporary .tmp files WinRAR creates are also a threat so don't run those either. They're the adware installers.

Then navigate to the place you extracted the files. You should find a file called %EXENAME%. Right click that and open it with WinRAR (or failing that, WinZIP or any other compression utility). It'll have your files in it. Extract to whereever you want, and delete all the files you just pulled from the ThemeXP exe. :unsure:

omg are u serious?! THANK U SO MUCH MAN! XD ima go try it out now :unsure:

EDIT: omg it does work! THANK U marc and and thank u myrak for giving me this sweet knoledge lol

Archived