ATTN: xDSL Customers

PsychoticxBloodxLust

PsychoticxBloodxLust

Ok so yesterday everytime the phone rings i get offline and the phone only rings once, not even a full ring.

I go though the pain in the ass task of checking each and every dsl plastic filter in the house to find the problem child, find it and replace it only to have to disconnect our bedroom phone.

I do some web surfing only to find that there is better way to enjoy dsl which enables you to throw out those pain in the ass filters, and optmize your phone and xdsl service.

I did my own as i didn't want to pay for verizon to come service it and do it for me.

what you need is to get a "xDSL Splitter"

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yup, good tip this one. I did our house a while back... the connection is much more stable, with less noise.

Never heard of those splitter at each phone, haha, how much trouble. Here in Sweden the ISP sends a splitter with every modem.

PsychoticxBloodxLust
Never heard of those splitter at each phone, haha, how much trouble. Here in Sweden the ISP sends a splitter with every modem.

lucky they send us micro filters that you have to put on everyphone in your house expect the jack your dsl is pluged into, unless you request an NID splitter be put in when signing up for service.

or if you like me i just bought the nid spillter for in my box ran my own cat cable i used cat6a and to say the least i'm very very happy with what i have done.

dispte the fact of how easy it was since i at one time had a second phone line for diala-up, then got dsl when it first came out inwhich all i had to do was hook back in to my main number and have the second line disconnected lol

Right

The data is carried thro the phone wired

U can use both

but u should use that splitter To use both properly

i did that the first time i got my dsl at home

not doing that , may also affect ur upload speed , becoz of the noisy Frq from the phone usage

Thanks

Archived