How do I use two Internet connections at the same time?

zack

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice, saeed_dc, but I can not see the speed,I mean ; does this really make your internet faster ?

Check out the information here

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Two-Internet-Connections

24 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Very nice, but I can not see the speed,I mean ; does this really make your internet faster ?

Mmm are you talking to me?

Very nice, saeed_dc, but I can not see the speed,I mean ; does this really make your internet faster ?

Just curious, but why not opt for a faster Internet package?  That is the only way you can achieve faster Internet, really.  Simply adding more connections to an existing one only slows down the others, or so experience has proven.  If you have multiple Internet connections (like WiredCompanyA and WIFICompanyB) then I believe you are heading in the right direction...

4 hours ago, Akaneharuka said:

this program can help you :/

http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/

but even you doing that it will not increase your internet speed I guess

3 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Are you sure ?? "but even you doing that it will not increase your internet speed I guess"

Im not so sure..............

btw; http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/  ,you have to pay for this service.

This program has problems when installed with hotspot shield:(

56 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Take a look at this: 

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sortbytenm/

it supports load balancing between different network adapters so you can tell a program .exe which network adapter to use to connect to the Internet.

supports WIFI too.

2015-08-15_22-48-58.png

2015-08-15_22-40-51.png

2015-08-15_22-41-25.png

Does it work like a load balancing router? it supports windows xp?

9 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

it doesn't combine two Internet connections, it gives you an option to tell a program which IP address to use for Internet. for instance, you can connect 3 network adapters to your computer, wired and wireless, all of them with active internet connection, then in the program's settings tell Utorrent to download using wired connection 1, download files with IDM using Wired connection 2 and watch Youtube videos in Chrome with WIFI adapter. all three jobs at the same time without any decrease in speed.

1 hour ago, Pete 12 said:

The only thing that can make internet more speed is to tell the internet provider to do that :/

this method is only help you to make the internet more balance :mellow:

2 hours ago, zack said:

Does it work like a load balancing router? it supports windows xp?

Yeah I think so :3

A load balancing router is too much for your home usage and expensive, it balances in hardware level, this is a software level balancing 

6 hours ago, zack said:

Hi, I want to use two Internet connections - wired and wifi - in windows xp but don't know what to do

This isn't a good idea, Windows XP wasn't designed to perform gateway/routing functions. Windows XP cannot use two default gateway IP addresses so it will only use one network connection unless you create static routes. If you have two Internet connections you can use a Dual WAN router but even this will not add the bandwidth of both Internet connections, it will either load balance or failover. Only the ISP can do channel bonding to add the bandwidth of two Internet connections for you but they will only do this for T1/E1 business connections, for residential customers they will say just buy a higher internet speed.

Ahhmm.... with no intention of stepping on someone else toes or foot, I have experience with these things before.

I had tested a TCP/HTTP load balancer software "Octopus+".

This software is made to combine 5 different connections from either WIFI, LAN, 3G/4G internet  dongle stick, or DSL all on one computer. The limit for the number of connections I think is five in any combination I mentioned above.

It does not increase internet speed but rather has a chance to increase bandwidth.

It does not literally combine connections as one but when you can split your download into many connections like what IDM does when downloading a file then this seems to combine the bandwidth of both usb internet dongle sticks.

This will give the illusion that you're internet speed increased but in reality two slow connections or maybe fast/slow connections were just combine to give you a much bigger bandwidth.

Let's say you're trying to download a single 1GB file  that allow multiple connections to access it.

On a 3G usb dongle stick with a speed of 375 KBPs, you will able to download that file completely in 3 minutes (just an example!). When you use this load balancer and you are able to combine with another internet source like let's say a lan connection having a speed of 512 KBPs then you can download this file completely using two different connection in just maybe around 1 mins and 12 secs. (not accurate! lots of factors affects the connection. hehe! and it's just an estimation. :P)

But when you try to download a file using only a single connection then it will be just using either one of the connection, this means the download will use just either one of the internet usb dongle stick.

This kind of software is good when you internet speed is slow but when you be able to combine many slow connections and able to split a file to download into many connections like IDM or torrent then this will surely gives an advantage.

If the file is not allowed to be downloaded into many connections then to take advantage of this load balancer you can download another file so that it can be downloaded using the other unused connection.

I've experience a boost in browsing as well.

I hope this helps a lot clear things to those interested in this type of tech.;)

1st tutorial:

How to install Dispatch-proxy

Dispatch-proxy requires the Node.js runtime, so first download and install Node.js on your computer

To install dispatch-proxy, open the Command Prompt as administrator. On Windows, type "cmd" in the search menu/start screen, right-click on the Command Prompt icon and then click on "Run as administrator".

In the command prompt, run “npm install -g dispatch-proxy”. This will automatically download dispatch-proxy from an internet repository and install the same.

installation

You can check if dispatch-proxy is correctly installed by running the command “dispatch -V”. (Note the capital V). This should print the current installed version of dispatch-proxy (not necessarily 0.1.2 as shown in the screenshot).

check

How to run Dispatch-proxy

Dispatch-proxy supports two types of proxies: SOCKS5 proxy and HTTP proxy.

• HTTP proxy interprets traffic only at the HTTP level and should be used only for web surfing and downloading through HTTP servers.
  • SOCKS5 proxy establishes connection at the TCP level and provides authentication support, and supports any kind of protocol over any port. If you use applications such as Skype and BitTorrent, you should be using a SOCKS5 proxy.

To start a HTTP proxy, run the command “dispatch start --http”.

To start a SOCKS5 proxy, run the command “dispatch start”.

dispatch-start

The program will start a proxy at localhost:1080, and then list all IP addresses the program will be dispatching requests to.

Assigning Priorities to Network Connections

You’ll notice that the IP addresses are preceded by the characters “@1”. This indicates that each IP address associated to each internet connection has been assigned a priority of 1, or equal priority.

You can also specify exactly which internet connection you wish to dispatch to, and also assign a priority to each interface.

Right now, the dispatch utility only supports IPv4 addresses. If your network interface uses public IPv6 addresses, you must use the associated local IPv4 address of the interface. To find out the IP addresses of each network interface, run the command “dispatch list”. This will lists all available network interfaces and their respective local addresses.

list

Here you can see all network interfaces and their IPv4 addresses. Note down the IPv4 addresses of all your physical network interfaces, in my case, the “MBlaze USB Modem” and “Wireless Network Connection”.

You can also find out the IP addresses of each network interface from the Network and Sharing Center. Here you will see all your active connections. Click on a connection to see its status, and then click on the “Details” button. Do this for each of your active connections and note down all IP addresses.

networks

ip-address

To assign priorities to each IP addresses, type the IP address followed by @priority_number after the “dispatch start” or the “dispatch start –http” command. Such as,

dispatch-start-priority

In this example, incoming connections will be dispatched to 17.254.238.77, 7 times out of 10, and to 192.168.0.100, 3 times out of 10.

How to use Dispatch-proxy

Using dispatch-proxy is like using any other proxy. Open the internet application’s proxy configuration settings and enter the proxy address “localhost” and the port number as printed by the dispatch command.

If you started an HTTP proxy, enter the address printed by “dispatch start –http” in the HTTP field. If you started a SOCKS5 proxy, do the same but in the SOCKS field.

proxy-setting

The program will now start using the dispatch proxy which will dispatch traffic through all your active connections at the same time.

2nd tutorial:

Dispatch Proxy
Dispatch Proxy

Using dispatch-proxy one can combine many Wi-Fi networks/Ethernet/3G/4G connections and have access to them as one big, high-bandwidth, load balanced connection. Do note that to make use of higher-connection speed, user must use a threaded download manager which will open multiple connections to dispatch-proxy and it will effectively fetch them using multiple interfaces resulting in combined, faster download speeds. For my tests and the results shown in images shared above, I combined my "3G mobile" connection and "ADSL Broadband LAN" (with individual speeds as shown below) via threaded download inFlashget download manager to achieve the boosted download speeds.

Airtel 3GBSNL Dataone

How to install and configure dispatch-proxy:

install dispatch proxy
install dispatch proxy
config for dispatch proxy
config proxy
  1. Download and install Node.JS - http://nodejs.org/download/
  2. Launch node.js command-prompt and use npm install -g dispatch-proxy to install dispatch proxy.
  3. Make sure you are connected to more then one internet connections (LAN, Wifi, Mobile internet etc.)
  4. Check your config by using dispatch list at node.js command prompt, this should list all your connected network interfaces.
  5. Start dispatch proxy in http proxy mode using dispatch start --http, you will be shown the address:port of the local proxy you need to use to route connections via dispatch proxy.
  6. Configure your application to connect via dispatch proxy.
  7. Enjoy, combined bandwidth capacity of all your internet connected interfaces.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:37 AM, LeetPirate said:

This isn't a good idea, Windows XP wasn't designed to perform gateway/routing functions. Windows XP cannot use two default gateway IP addresses so it will only use one network connection unless you create static routes. If you have two Internet connections you can use a Dual WAN router but even this will not add the bandwidth of both Internet connections, it will either load balance or failover. Only the ISP can do channel bonding to add the bandwidth of two Internet connections for you but they will only do this for T1/E1 business connections, for residential customers they will say just buy a higher internet speed.

On 1/9/2016 at 8:43 PM, nIGHT said:

Ahhmm.... with no intention of stepping on someone else toes or foot, I have experience with these things before.

I had tested a TCP/HTTP load balancer software "Octopus+".

This software is made to combine 5 different connections from either WIFI, LAN, 3G/4G internet  dongle stick, or DSL all on one computer. The limit for the number of connections I think is five in any combination I mentioned above.

It does not increase internet speed but rather has a chance to increase bandwidth.

It does not literally combine connections as one but when you can split your download into many connections like what IDM does when downloading a file then this seems to combine the bandwidth of both usb internet dongle sticks.

This will give the illusion that you're internet speed increased but in reality two slow connections or maybe fast/slow connections were just combine to give you a much bigger bandwidth.

Let's say you're trying to download a single 1GB file  that allow multiple connections to access it.

On a 3G usb dongle stick with a speed of 375 KBPs, you will able to download that file completely in 3 minutes (just an example!). When you use this load balancer and you are able to combine with another internet source like let's say a lan connection having a speed of 512 KBPs then you can download this file completely using two different connection in just maybe around 1 mins and 12 secs. (not accurate! lots of factors affects the connection. hehe! and it's just an estimation. :P)

But when you try to download a file using only a single connection then it will be just using either one of the connection, this means the download will use just either one of the internet usb dongle stick.

This kind of software is good when you internet speed is slow but when you be able to combine many slow connections and able to split a file to download into many connections like IDM or torrent then this will surely gives an advantage.

If the file is not allowed to be downloaded into many connections then to take advantage of this load balancer you can download another file so that it can be downloaded using the other unused connection.

I've experience a boost in browsing as well.

I hope this helps a lot clear things to those interested in this type of tech.;)

13 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

1st tutorial:

How to install Dispatch-proxy

Dispatch-proxy requires the Node.js runtime, so first download and install Node.js on your computer

To install dispatch-proxy, open the Command Prompt as administrator. On Windows, type "cmd" in the search menu/start screen, right-click on the Command Prompt icon and then click on "Run as administrator".

In the command prompt, run “npm install -g dispatch-proxy”. This will automatically download dispatch-proxy from an internet repository and install the same.

installation

You can check if dispatch-proxy is correctly installed by running the command “dispatch -V”. (Note the capital V). This should print the current installed version of dispatch-proxy (not necessarily 0.1.2 as shown in the screenshot).

check

How to run Dispatch-proxy

Dispatch-proxy supports two types of proxies: SOCKS5 proxy and HTTP proxy.

• HTTP proxy interprets traffic only at the HTTP level and should be used only for web surfing and downloading through HTTP servers.
  • SOCKS5 proxy establishes connection at the TCP level and provides authentication support, and supports any kind of protocol over any port. If you use applications such as Skype and BitTorrent, you should be using a SOCKS5 proxy.

To start a HTTP proxy, run the command “dispatch start --http”.

To start a SOCKS5 proxy, run the command “dispatch start”.

dispatch-start

The program will start a proxy at localhost:1080, and then list all IP addresses the program will be dispatching requests to.

Assigning Priorities to Network Connections

You’ll notice that the IP addresses are preceded by the characters “@1”. This indicates that each IP address associated to each internet connection has been assigned a priority of 1, or equal priority.

You can also specify exactly which internet connection you wish to dispatch to, and also assign a priority to each interface.

Right now, the dispatch utility only supports IPv4 addresses. If your network interface uses public IPv6 addresses, you must use the associated local IPv4 address of the interface. To find out the IP addresses of each network interface, run the command “dispatch list”. This will lists all available network interfaces and their respective local addresses.

list

Here you can see all network interfaces and their IPv4 addresses. Note down the IPv4 addresses of all your physical network interfaces, in my case, the “MBlaze USB Modem” and “Wireless Network Connection”.

You can also find out the IP addresses of each network interface from the Network and Sharing Center. Here you will see all your active connections. Click on a connection to see its status, and then click on the “Details” button. Do this for each of your active connections and note down all IP addresses.

networks

ip-address

To assign priorities to each IP addresses, type the IP address followed by @priority_number after the “dispatch start” or the “dispatch start –http” command. Such as,

dispatch-start-priority

In this example, incoming connections will be dispatched to 17.254.238.77, 7 times out of 10, and to 192.168.0.100, 3 times out of 10.

How to use Dispatch-proxy

Using dispatch-proxy is like using any other proxy. Open the internet application’s proxy configuration settings and enter the proxy address “localhost” and the port number as printed by the dispatch command.

If you started an HTTP proxy, enter the address printed by “dispatch start –http” in the HTTP field. If you started a SOCKS5 proxy, do the same but in the SOCKS field.

proxy-setting

The program will now start using the dispatch proxy which will dispatch traffic through all your active connections at the same time.

2nd tutorial:

Dispatch Proxy
Dispatch Proxy

Using dispatch-proxy one can combine many Wi-Fi networks/Ethernet/3G/4G connections and have access to them as one big, high-bandwidth, load balanced connection. Do note that to make use of higher-connection speed, user must use a threaded download manager which will open multiple connections to dispatch-proxy and it will effectively fetch them using multiple interfaces resulting in combined, faster download speeds. For my tests and the results shown in images shared above, I combined my "3G mobile" connection and "ADSL Broadband LAN" (with individual speeds as shown below) via threaded download inFlashget download manager to achieve the boosted download speeds.

Airtel 3GBSNL Dataone

How to install and configure dispatch-proxy:

install dispatch proxy
install dispatch proxy
config proxy
  1. Download and install Node.JS - http://nodejs.org/download/
  2. Launch node.js command-prompt and use npm install -g dispatch-proxy to install dispatch proxy.
  3. Make sure you are connected to more then one internet connections (LAN, Wifi, Mobile internet etc.)
  4. Check your config by using dispatch list at node.js command prompt, this should list all your connected network interfaces.
  5. Start dispatch proxy in http proxy mode using dispatch start --http, you will be shown the address:port of the local proxy you need to use to route connections via dispatch proxy.
  6. Configure your application to connect via dispatch proxy.
  7. Enjoy, combined bandwidth capacity of all your internet connected interfaces.

@LeetPirate & @nIGHT thank you, ive learned a lot from your comments

@saeed_dc thank you ill try it and post the results 

Archived