Please eliminate any way the copy-paste artists!

Kalju

• Replies 25
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering almost  most everything is copy and paste incl download links  etc . it would be imposable to stop  without closing the site it would be no content in any of the topics .

Couldn't even copy and paste the links to the original article.  How about stopping posts from people that don't have the capacity to think before they type?

• Administrator

Nsane.forums is a community. A community which respects and expects contribution from as many members as possible, all for the benefit of all the members.

But can we expect members to deliver original content from all the members all the time, while still maintaining both highly required quality and slightly required quantity. I do not think so. It's too harsh to expect such from all the members.

However, if you feel a member is copy/pasting only to spam the forums or to just increase their post count, then we would appreciate that rather than discussing or taking the member on themselves, the members would PM the staff and let the staff handle it themselves. The staff will take correct action required at the correct time and with correct methods.

For anything else, the Guidelines are quite specific:

Any content copied from elsewhere should include a source link.

As such. If a member is not including a source link one should politely ask for it or should, again, as mention above, PM a member of the staff and let them look into it.

almost all the content is brought here from devs sites
i don't see any program partially or entirely developed by someone here

so if some members are asking for stopping this, they have to find a way to fill the blanks!
we will be pleased to see the apps you created.

members who upload things & post them spend a valuable time to do it
the board is worldwidely famous for the quality of its content (always up-to-date + Direct/Free links + reviews & comments)

1 hour ago, straycat19 said:

How about stopping posts from people that don't have the capacity to think before they type?

No offense! I think this thread is the prime example. And what that even means "copy– paste artist"?? 

2 hours ago, Brrownie said:

No offense! I think this thread is the prime example. And what that even means "copy– paste artist"?? 

i think he/she doesn't know the language  ...which is fine. you could blame the rough translation on some obscure translator (google used to be that, now it's a bit better).

and uh... oh look! a purdy flower!

576f476484f2ec3b7329cb410fd29f08.jpg

/steals cookie from the jar.

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

But can we expect members to deliver original content from all the members all the time, while still maintaining both highly required quality and slightly required quantity. I do not think so. It's too harsh to expect such from all the members.

Conversely speaking — can we expect Members (a Member) to deliver copy-paste content . . . . . . . . exclusively? :huh:

However, if you feel a member is copy/pasting only to spam the forums or to just increase their post count, then we would appreciate that rather than discussing or taking the member on themselves, the members would PM the staff and let the staff handle it themselves.

WTF, PM — Batu69 specializes in posting copy-paste content . . . . . . . . exclusively!

The staff will take correct action required at the correct time and with correct methods.

What are we waiting for — an auspicious occasion to perform a maha pooja?

I don't believe we will see any action — Batu69 will escape capital punishment until I grab at his decrepit scrotum.

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Conversely speaking — can we expect Members (a Member) to deliver copy-paste content . . . . . . . . exclusively? :huh:

WTF, PM — Batu69 specializes in posting copy-paste content . . . . . . . . exclusively! x3218mP.gif

What are we waiting for — an auspicious occasion to perform a maha pooja? A5qMhta.gif

I don't believe we will see any action — Batu69 will escape capital punishment until I grab at his decrepit scrotum. h3uXN07.gif

dcs18 - have you PM'ed me about this? Or any member of staff?

You quoted DKT27, who specifically asked to PM us regarding any members instead of discussing it.

Please do so and we can then review any necessary action. If we don't take action then by all means complain about it, but to complain before reporting is ridiculous. Of course, if you have reported it, please let me know and we can work on it.

call in programmers here to contribute their original content. we then can stop copy-paste custom.

my question is still valid that i asked Sir crazycanuk a month ago... what is our purpose of being here together? are we here to distinguish between original  and non-original writers or are we here to exchange digital things and ideas with each others?

so far as the copy-paste custom is concerned...no writer here is original one. some ideas or nice findings may be his own.

and as soon as we check copy-pasting here.... the site will collapse like a wall of sand.

we do not make programs. we inform others about them.

So when did us members start making the rules of what people can post and cant post ? Its not like anyone that's  a vet post count is going  earn them a new title . When you complain because people are contributing  seems to just be bullying people who do post?  Maybe the people who are doing the complaining should be reviewed  from deterring people from posting? Because they are the real board killers not the people  who do contribute.

On 12/26/2015 at 11:30 PM, Kalju said:

Can You do something, that these copy-paste texts would be eliminated.

On 12/26/2015 at 5:05 AM, Brrownie said:

Me,personally really annoying what she/he copy pasted posts since most of source links we can easily find and read about it. Copy paste was easiest ways to increase she/he post count when she/he failed to contribute quality post such software updates for example.

Don't say I am doing personal attack but I believe most of members here can easily find and read what she/he posted. Staff or Mod should take an action to filter and make it limited. 

peace n cheers 

This board has news topics ,  tut topics  , chat topics  its a community . If you think you can do better you should  post you're own . I come here to read stuff so i don't have go to all those sites to read. If it were  not posted here witch kind of a one stop shop for me . I may as well not come to nsane at all  but just visit somewhere else .When members can start dictating what other members post  the site is dead  already . Its called freedom of press . That's why we have mods and admins  if they think  what there doing is wrong its there job to sort it out and its not our call to make. If there's no content  in the news topics but just in tut topics and  download forums . I may as well  visit once a month  when i decide  to turn windows on . When are  people going to figure out this is a news site that allows warez . The warez  part is a just privilege   this more of a news site than a warez board . If you don't want to read news  go to one of the forums on this board   that don't have it . That's what i do .

Alot of people comment in the news topics so were is it a problem ?

My suggestion would be to disappear at all honored titles. It would be only a "guest", "members" and "staff".
All members have the same rights and rules and if someone does not comply with the rules, then just disappear for a while some of the rights or opportunities.
For example, do not open up new topics or can not use all the options. It may be for example:

•  limited length of the post
  •  can not added direct links to the external etc.

And if there is some a "real maniac", then let only the right to read, but not to write.
In the first case to give a warning, the second - three months, for example, and if still do not work, let then makes their forum and own rules.

In addition I would suggest to delete all posts what are written before the 2. World War  and deceased members.
Why  to maintain these obsolete posts and dead souls.
Thus, the server should be more faster and work more economically. It also eliminates any need to post and post and post (ie read: to copy, to copy etc ....)

I do not think, anyone would be better, because he/she made  more copies.

7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

My suggestion would be to disappear at all honored titles. It would be only a "guest", "members" and "staff".
All members have the same rights and rules and if someone does not comply with the rules, then just disappear for a while some of the rights or opportunities.
For example, do not open up new topics or can not use all the options. It may be for example:

And if there is some a "real maniac", then let only the right to read, but not to write.
In the first case to give a warning, the second - three months, for example, and if still do not work, let then makes their forum and own rules.

In addition I would suggest to delete all posts what are written before the 2. World War  and deceased members.
Thus, the server should be more faster and work more economically. It also eliminates any need to post and post and post (ie read: to copy, to copy etc ....)

Really the mods should have closed this dumb topic to began with if you don't like the rules that's already in place you should make you're own  forum.  Im not taking  up for no body here   but when members start making the rules here the site is dead.. it don't get 300  plus people visiting at a time because we make the rules . You get too many rules then people leave and go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, steven36 said:
12 minutes ago, Kalju said:

So when did us members start making the rules of what people can post and cant post ? Its not like anyone that's  a vet post count is going  earn them a new title . When you complain because people are contributing  seems to just be bullying people who do post?  Maybe the people who are doing the complaining should be reviewed  from deterring people from posting? Because they are the real board killers not the people  who do contribute.

Absolutely 

Ridiculous thread from an obviously sad lonely and deluded member..

17 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Really the mods should have closed this dumb topic to began with if you don't like the rules that's already in place you should make you're own  forum.  Im not taking  up for no body here   but when members start making the rules here the site is dead.. it don't get 300  plus people visiting at a time because we make the rules . You get too many rules then people leave and go somewhere else.

In this you are right, I also think that a some posts may be closed, and also this one here may be closed.

And even, I do not have nothing against this, if all my posts will be closed or deleted.

I'm not at all against you, if you wish to limit the rights of others.

2 minutes ago, Kalju said:

In this you are right, I also think that a some posts may be closed, and also this one here may be closed.

I'm not at all against you, if you wish to limit the rights of others.

That's the difference in me and you im not a dictator , I'm just  a member here and i don't wish to limit no ones rights . If there in breech of rules already set forth by our great admins then that's there problem they abused there rights and must be held accountable as the admins see fit.  

Sad thing is i no kalju is a clever guy..But you do no If your request became reality the board would be blank so maybe not so:unsure:

2 minutes ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

Sad thing is i no kalju is a clever guy..But you do no If your request became reality the board would be blank so maybe not so:unsure:

Only way a site could impose  a bunch  of rules and be successful  would be a site that has something no one else had . But once you impose a bunch of  crazy rules on a site that post mostly stuff you can find everywhere  else  it will die out we will just go to wilders ,  bleepingcomputer , Windows and Linux  forums, etc. Were the news is still posted

2 minutes ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

More sad thing is he/she is a dry prune with a tunnel vision. Who thinks he/she is clever, but Instead always been a jealous fool and he/she proves it all the time. I think it's enough of this topic. Mods should close this stupid thread before...

What i don't understand is he is moaning at people who obviously take time to contribute to the board..There are members here who just post to for example I have just watched or similar ? 

• Crazycanuk locked this topic

Archived