Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

1 hour ago, ARMOUR said:

how to change the font style, need an option to change the font

You are VIP and can use HTML, use any font, what You like. This is Segoe Script

<span style="font-family:Segoe Script">You are VIP and can use HTML, use any font, what You like.</span> 

• Replies 895
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Background tasks have finished running and all tables are converted to InnoDB.

Forum should be speedy now (do allow the MySQL caches an hour or so to fill).

29 minutes ago, rach said:

how to see preview before posting?

This version does not allow this without installing additional widget (Hook "Preview Post.xml").

On 10 grudzień 2015 at 7:55 PM, mona said:
On 10 grudzień 2015 at 10:05 PM, Lite said:

Neither of these are bugs. 

1 - The "post numbers" are still there, for example your post: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/257332-forum-upgrade-bugs/?do=findComment&comment=1021045

A big downside for me - looks like posts are unnumbered now.

Is it a bug that can be fixed or the element of the new project.  ?

Even you've posted the link I still can't see post numbers.  Am I blind ?

Maybe you could post a screenshot with post number clearly marked.

PS

How about this new bug :

Quotation is done improperly in this post :

It was me asking a question first, and you - answering  it then.

In the quotation it looks like it was in opposite order.

On 12/10/2015 at 0:26 AM, mona said:

1. A big downside for me - looks like posts are unnumbered now.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

2. Is there an option (or a work-around) to opt-out receiving notifications about all posts made by the members I follow ?

On 12/10/2015 at 2:35 AM, Lite said:

1 - The "post numbers" are still there, for example your post: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/257332-forum-upgrade-bugs/?do=findComment&comment=1021045

2 - You can manage your notification settings via this link: http://www.nsaneforums.com/notifications/options/

On 12/10/2015 at 2:35 AM, Lite said:

On 12/10/2015 at 0:26 AM, mona said:

1. A big downside for me - looks like posts are unnumbered now.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

2. Is there an option (or a work-around) to opt-out receiving notifications about all posts made by the members I follow ?

2 - You can manage your notification settings via this link: http://www.nsaneforums.com/notifications/options/

You mean — like this?

There is a lot of wasted (empty space) at the lower-right-side of the homepage — hope that it can be utilized by (hopefully) extending either the sidebar for Recent Status Updates or the Recent Topics:—

For a full screen view, click the following image and then click Full Size (at the bottom-left-hand side corner):—

Ran into a new bug, today — reproduced a couple of time (the reputation does complete successfully, though.)

For a full screen view, click the following image and then click Full Size (at the bottom-left-hand side corner):—

I'm having an issue when I click on links to other posts, it doesn't take me there. It takes me to another page on the topic OR just "refreshes" the page.

Is it because the post is out of date?

Just now, fbforums1 said:

I'm having an issue when I click on links to other posts, it doesn't take me there. It takes me to another page on the topic OR just "refreshes" the page.

Is it because the post is out of date?

It is a known issue.

4 hours ago, rach said:

I think, this facility currently is not present. I hope, Admin(s) will do something about this. 

Just now, rudrax said:
4 hours ago, rach said:

I think, this facility currently is not present. I hope, Admin(s) will do something about this. 

The Preview function is not built into IPB — it requires to be manually scripted into the CSS (or, with a help of a hook.)

On 12/7/2015 at 6:52 PM, shought said:

Post preview is not necessary (as CKEditor is used, which is WYSIWYG).

12 minutes ago, rach said:

I just read post #4 by shought, that "Post preview is not necessary (as CKEditor is used, which is WYSIWYG)." Sorry I missed that :)

The CKEditor was present even in the previous V3 — and, it was WYSIWYG, too.

The preview is desirable because even the latest iteration of the WYSIWYG (on the present V4) does not deliver an 100% What You See Is What You Get experience, despite the advancement (causing us to edit our posts, more often than not — this costs us, by way of loss of time.)

• Administrator
19 hours ago, ARMOUR said:

Board rules are not published yet

The Community Guidelines has a new name and url. It's named Guidelines now. It can be found on top left of the page in Browse > Guidelines.

31 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In our ongoing endeavor to ensure compliance of The Playground with the upgraded Board — just noticed that at one of the guides particularly, a few menus (including the crucial ShareCoding is missing.)

A65zzHv.png

Done. Check now. While other buttons are not quite required, sharecode button is important I think, so added it.

15 minutes ago, DKT27 said:
51 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In our ongoing endeavor to ensure compliance of The Playground with the upgraded Board — just noticed that at one of the guides particularly, a few menus (including the crucial ShareCoding is missing.)

A65zzHv.png

Done. Check now. While other buttons are not quite required, sharecode button is important I think, so added it.

ShareCode menu is back — confirmed (just a heads up — none of the other tutorials, guides, tips, updates, etc., etc, exhibit this stupefying state . . . . . . of missing menus.)

22 hours ago, Taker said:

Hello my post count has gone up

Just took a cursory glance at my profile and realized that even my post count has escalated skywards.

"Member" bane rahega to kya milega . . . . . . . . babaji ka thullu!

Translation:—

May God bless the reputation system with auspicious numbers.

E-mails for liked notifications are no longer captioned with the  actual name of the Member — but displayed as "Somebody," instead:—

Yesterday was someone who shouted, that his privacy is not protected.

Now it seems that is protected? Somebody is much better than nothing.

• Lite locked this topic
  • shought unlocked this topic

Archived