Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

• Replies 895
  • Views 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on with the forum? the last 2 days i got a couple of Error 500 server down, also most things take waaaaay to long to do, like saving etc.

6 hours ago, asf said:

What's giong on with the forum? the last 2 days i got a couple of Error 500 server down, also most things take waaaaay to long to do, like saving etc.

500 Server Error comes from the fact, that then the copy-paste artists can  a bit rest.
Someone has to take care of their health, else they stretch very much and some of them may die.

This is not a joke, it's a serious problem. They must also rest.

Slowness, 500 errors, downtime

Everyone has noticed the above, in an effort trying to fix this I made some optimizations to the server (specifically the way PHP requests are fulfilled), but that didn't do much good.

Then I started really digging into the problem and I found out there were some issues with our virtual CPU; we would need to wait for a physical CPU to become available about 2/3rd of the time (which is obviously not beneficial to our VPS).

I've informed our host about this and he replied that it indeed seems to be the case that another VPS on the same physical server was abusing its resources. He's already made some changes and is now monitoring the situation.

On 17-12-2015 at 1:51 AM, Kalju said:

Activity:

is now:

.ipsApp_front .ipsJS_show {
    border-radius: 3px !important;
    vertical-align: middle !important; /* not needed */
    background: #304D66 !important;
    color: #EEE !important;
    padding: 2px 0 2px 2px;  /* not needed 4 numbers */
}

Recommended:

.ipsApp_front .ipsJS_show {
    border-radius: 3px !important;
    -webkit-border-radius: 3px !Important; /* if used webkit browser */
    background: #304D66 !important;
    color: #EEE !important;
    padding: 2px;
    margin-left: -22px; /* sets symmetrically */
}

Using negative margins is generally considered bad practice.

I do appreciate the suggestions though and wonder which problem you were addressing with these change ;)

I feel the latest changes to the theme have resolved a lot of the issues from before, but I'd be happy to take a look at some of your changes (although I would prefer not to implement negative margins, but rather fix the underlying problem).

On 17-12-2015 at 8:37 PM, Dudley said:

yeah right? lmao

What I obviously meant to say is that you guys should not worry about our privacy, as in worry about your own, rather than ours ;)

3 hours ago, Kalju said:

500 Server Error comes from the fact, that then the copy-paste artists can  a bit rest.
Someone has to take care of their health, else they stretch very much and some of them may die.

This is not a joke, it's a serious problem. They must also rest.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....So must the people who think they no it all.

And think that by :troll: other people posts makes them feel important some how..SAD..

2 hours ago, sanjoa said:

have profile followers been deleted with the update? Or just are missing?

Yes, friends were deleted when upgraded.

I disabled it (the automatic polling, which causes the notification sound) because I thought it might be a cause of the recent server slowdowns. However I think I can re-enable it now the host has fixed some stuff.

On 12/19/2015 at 3:17 PM, vitorio said:

Hi all

Why is some of the post appears as the picture shown above by Ds18?

Thanks for the help.

no more examples. 

What is the maximum number of notifications?

In the previous version were 499.

6e7dVlH.png

In the new version, notifications are the same as the posts that received likes.

oqY4VV5.png

16 minutes ago, Astron said:

6e7dVlH.png

Have seen a number of 500 on the previous V3:—

29 minutes ago, Kalju said:

One example.

There is nothing like that. There are still only a few mistakes in the style.
What do I think, if I'm saying "mistakes in style" - for example, there cannot be side by side button with rounded corners and rectangle style button, square icon and round icon and so on.

Link to image:

https://box.everhelper.me/attachment/355331/EHeHuU0F3jKumRTzAB4uSVrEQGWE5sgw/26141-sgOzpWW3TdpUfiU4/screen.png

Or see in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

screen.png

Looking the post carefully, apparently that option appears when the post has no comments in it and this option appears to facilitate the first comment to the posts.

2 minutes ago, vitorio said:
34 minutes ago, Kalju said:

One example. 

There is nothing like that. There are still only a few mistakes in the style.
What do I think, if I'm saying "mistakes in style" - for example, there cannot be side by side button with rounded corners and rectangle style button, square icon and round icon and so on.

Link to image: 

https://box.everhelper.me/attachment/355331/EHeHuU0F3jKumRTzAB4uSVrEQGWE5sgw/26141-sgOzpWW3TdpUfiU4/screen.png

Or see in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Looking the post carefully, apparently that option appears when the post has no comments in it and this option appears to facilitate the first comment to the posts.

There is a faulty code for the CKEditor field where we post — when . . . . . . . in collapsed state. ;)

On 12/19/2015 at 5:00 PM, Astron said:

In the new version, notifications are the same as the posts that received likes.

Here are admin settings:

Deleted

22 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Have seen a number of 500 on the previous V3:—

When more than 500, the notifications were discounted and lost the old notifications.

16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Here are admin settings:

That goes for the new notifications but not to the former, that's why I asked. I follow the default configuration of notifications.

On 10 grudzień 2015 at 7:55 PM, mona said:

The way nsane page can be seen in my Pale Moon browser has been changed dramatically today   i.e. there is no right hand side column any more. [check the screenshot below]

How to come back to the normal view ?

lluAaCQ.png

• Lite locked this topic
  • shought unlocked this topic

Archived