The Washington Post Says...

humble3d

The Washington Post Says...
The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate, at Bergen, Norway.
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.
Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well-known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.
:huh:
I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago.
:lol:

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no doubt man influenced the environment...but there is also no doubt there are natural cycles in climate we know nadda about and can do nadda to stop and there is no doubt taxing carbon use will just destroy economies. and for what...a freaking tax grab by the stpid ignorant look we saved the world tree hugging fringe who have lost touch with reality.....politicians need to stop and think hard on what they are about to do....

.. the Sun controls our climate, in cycles and/or whenever it choses and whether Man influences the weather, its

minimal at worse, but We can always 'help' Mother Earth and maintain (not prohibit) what is provided. :)

Im a so called 'tree hugger'. I have not lost touch with reality. The world is going to hell on a fast trac. (not just the envirenment). I blame it on mankinds ignorance and greed. The world doesnt have to be a shit hole! If you are waiting on politicians to fix things you better think again. I honestly hope I never have grandchildren because IMHO they will be living in a very harsh and cold world. @dMog no disrespect intended sir. I just remember the world when I was a child. It was a better place then, no doubt.

When I was a kid I was stung often by the bees (not their fault as I unintentionally stepped on them) as I ran chasing butterflies in the clover fields. If I added up all the bees and butterflies Ive seen in the past 5 yrs it would not even come close to the amount of them in one great summers day in one single clover field of my youth! Very sad indeed!

EDIT: sorry but I try to be cheerful and "up" but this type of thing really brings me down. I see documentaries on TV about where man will go next after the Earth is npo longer inhabitable. That kind of nonsensicale BS is just crazy. When we kill the Earth we kill ourselves, period. There is an old saying goes something like this> dont piss where you sleep and dont shit where you live. We've (mankind) been pissing and shitting on ourselves(and everything else that lives here) for centuries if not a millenium. Simply put mankind is a scourge on this Earth and the world would be a better place without us in it! Shame too as people do not have to be ignorant and greedy. We COULD be a great 'thing' for the Earth but 'we' will never care that much nor will we be inconvenienced, even a little bit, to save what is most precious. :sadwalk:

I totally agree with every word you wrote. Mankind expect that politicians will solve all our problems, but that fact is that WE NEED CHANGE OUR SELFS IN THE FIRST PLACE if we wish better future on earth for next generations. We can not live as we do today! We are ego tripped individuals who cares only for ourselfs and nothing more. People are not aware that every little act we do has a consequences on entire world. When you drink coca cola, driving your car or ever when you breath the air, has consequences on everything around us. But we are so ignorant, arrogant and self-centered parasites that forget that we CAN NOT SURVIVE without each other.

We need each other, we need respect to each other, we need love, empathy to each other and we need to help each other unconditional and unselfish. We should never forget where is our home and who feed us with everything we need to survive. MOTHER EARTH!

what i am getting is that politicians are wanting to only look like they are doing something good and not actually fixing the problem...just putting a carbon tax on everything that moves will not fix the problem and only work to serve to destroy our economies,,,aside from the fact china and india are soon going to more than triple their carbon output and are already the biggest producers already AND they have refused to participate in even talking about reductions.... where you and i live...yea it is bad but could be far worse if the people did not force governments to force industry to change over the years...and by the way...why is industry so bad at pollution...people like me and yourselves DEMAND industry supply them all the stuff that causes the issues you are complaining about in the first place...legislating people to live like our ancestors 200 or 300 years ago will never work nor will simply the placing of a tax on everything work either

Archived