Karabasas

At least give this custom install of XP a go

Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Black Edition 2015.9.12

You can always try an updated custom install

Windows 7 SP1 5in1 x86/x64 en-US Aug2015 - murphy78

for the sake of testing you can always try to see if windows 10 will go on

Windows 10 5in1 10586 x64 en-US Nov2015 by murphy-78

Windows 10 RTM [Activation Via Phone Or KMS]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install and Update All Your Programs at Once with Ninite

IObit Driver Booster Pro 3.1.0.365

• Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost as why additional 2gb of (ordered) RAM will not improve? Read it in the morning, through the day laptop behaved little better, than what it used to be, does freezes up leess oftenly now.

Lost as why additional 2gb of (ordered) RAM will not improve? Read it in the morning, through the day laptop behaved little better, than what it used to be, does freezes up leess oftenly now.

did you replace the ram or just put another 2 gig in?

it will help a little, but the freeze's maybe due to the other stick of ram, now you have another try taking out the old one. just to see how the system goes

Thanks for help and links. Just ordered additional 2gb stick, once get it- should make lappy to behave. Already, with fresh W and apps properly installed it works almost OK, or good enough not to give it to "IT numties".

Hang on, only now I paid attention it to what you said about latency or what did all of the tests shown. Literally will open it up and check it it as its meant to have DDR RAM, no questions, let alone saying that it is Hyundai, not Hynix is weird.

Hynix HYMP125s64CP8-s6 is 100% DDR2, that is exactly what I have ordered and not what Test/ copied/ pasted- shown... hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, else whenever sn

Mad I am!

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.40ghz / 3m / 1066 SLB3S to replace iffy T3500?

:rolleyes:

RAM latency would be better, not sure about drivers as "CoProcessor" etc, but hardly would become a problem?

What do you think?

Mad I am!

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.40ghz / 3m / 1066 SLB3S to replace iffy T3500?

:rolleyes:

RAM latency would be better, not sure about drivers as "CoProcessor" etc, but hardly would become a problem?

What do you think?

huh... well a p8600 is certainly much better at handling a 64bit os.

we still dont have a hardware id for that co processor though. what does device manager say?

T3500 @2100hz... Celeron ® Dual-Core, runs 35W

whilst P8600 is 25W and max 2.4GHZ...

only concern I have as motherboard is ever so "custom", weather ant drivers would kick up some fuss as in bios config or limitations....

Duh!... misread the post..

Basically, "coProcessor" had no hardware ID, until, I installed correct 15.17 nVidia ForceWare and some "system Control Manager" (actual Video driver separate, on the top of those or provided by Microsoft),

which

after restart is "hidden now", as there is none "coprocessor"(believe, to be have been so, as Windows couldn't understand what switch it was),

but functionally it has working few buttons as sleep, deep sleep, nighmare sleep regime , as well as some Wi-Fi module button to click on and off...

seeing around as some MSI CR500 came with genuine Dual core CPU's (not Celeron)- should I have no issue?... o.O

:D good old times... Pc's I used to build from scratch where 3'rd of my phone specs or even less...

Old times, old good fun, shame, I get no time to dvelve in to all of it again as much, just funny remembering "problems" of the past as of major issues when floppy leads suddenly started to have twisted end 6-8 threads, causing files not to transfer for hours! All 3.4mb... :D

Still, as it goes about this work laptop I will get p8600 and hope not to have to show it to IT's, before, I'll leave this PITA firm.

If anything- I'll swap CPU back. ;)

:D good old times... Pc's I used to build from scratch where 3'rd of my phone specs or even less...

Old times, old good fun, shame, I get no time to dvelve in to all of it again as much, just funny remembering "problems" of the past as of major issues when floppy leads suddenly started to have twisted end 6-8 threads, causing files not to transfer for hours! All 3.4mb... :D

Still, as it goes about this work laptop I will get p8600 and hope not to have to show it to IT's, before, I'll leave this PITA firm.

If anything- I'll swap CPU back. ;)

replacing the proc in a laptop is no trivial matter, but if you're so confident you either have no idea what you're up against or have all the tools and plenty of experience. me, i grew sick and tired of disassembling laptops so i no longer give that service regardless of the pay. unless it's my own.

ha ha! the only concern I have is BIOS/drivers etc, physical change is breeze, as particular laptop is build like a tractor in 80's ! :D

ha ha! the only concern I have is BIOS/drivers etc, physical change is breeze, as particular laptop is build like a tractor in 80's ! :D

You hit upon one possible issue. The CPU upgrade may not work because the BIOS does not support it, even if the socket is the same.

You hit upon one possible issue. The CPU upgrade may not work because the BIOS does not support it, even if the socket is the same.

I don't intend to "invent a bicicle",

If I can not get OS and BIOS to accept change over simple ways- that will be it!

All is well, considering as how long I have been suffering, now I fitted additional RAM and replace CPU without any issues at all! BIOS recognized it, drivers self updated, even OS accepted the change without need to reactivate... and difference in performance is obvious! 2.4 P8600 runs like a dream.

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived