nsane.down v2 - Public Beta

Lite

Other than the small heart attack when I arrived here today (thought I was on the wrong web site), I really like the changes. My only request is that you extend the front page to hold at least one week (and ten days is even better) of content for those that don't get to visit every day. When I get busy during the week and show up on the weekend, I always wonder what I have missed.

Decent web design is a lot of work. Kudos to all who were involved.

• Replies 62
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than the small heart attack when I arrived here today (thought I was on the wrong web site), I really like the changes. My only request is that you extend the front page to hold at least one week (and ten days is even better) of content for those that don't get to visit every day. When I get busy during the week and show up on the weekend, I always wonder what I have missed.

Something to fix this is on our list :D

Lite told me the old site probably won't be coming back in the near future, maybe after some time though :D

Ugly as hell. Site broken in Opera 9.64 and even more broken with the newest Opera 10 snapshot.

"...all comments, suggestions and criticisms are more than welcome. Please don't be shy!" ;)

Hmm. It is ok here with the latest Opera 10.00 Build 5551 Beta (not a weekly or preview beta). Also ok with 9.64. That being said - I have experienced the occasional break up of page on several browser after the switch. ;)

??? m'kay (Opera alpha- as good as gold), I would say the change is brilliant- love it!

Thanks guys!

Why is it that no one likes change? ;)

What is it that everyone likes so much from the old FP?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe because they ( not me ) are gray colored ?? No offense ...just a question !

With all the pollution we have on this World, some prefer to use gray and black colors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About the other color you said to need »» I always heard : gold over blue is a good combination.

cheers

Jofre

• Administrator

@jofre there is a grey theme :D . Look at the style switcher in the top corner ;)

@BDX, the site is fine from our testing in Opera. Which errors are you reffering too? Opera has one issue however (by design), is that it tries to render the page before all content is loaded.

Good work guys...

...but I liked older site more ;) ...I guess I'll just have to get used to this one

It doesn't load that long for me, but I think it does load slower than the old one.

EDIT: There's a green theme?

It doesn't load that long for me, but I think it does load slower than the old one.

EDIT: There's a green theme?

Not right now. :)

Love it....the whole concept of being able to read the comments then and there plus the whole design is just too good...would like a darker theme though...something like a vinyl black maybe...does take time to load but only the first time....then its a pretty smooth transition...keep up the workl!!!

• Administrator

Thanks all for the feedback.

We have implemented several improvements and fixes from the initial launch, i'll highlight the main ones:

• Loading times. Most of the loading time issues were caused by the amount of requests for the new images etc. Non the less we have reduced the script execution time and total page file size. There will be further improvements into filesize soon.
  • The font issue of the titles has been resolved.
  • Added a way to view older news topics (a proper news archive is planned for the future).
  • A few other misc fixes and improvements.

Hope you enjoy these improvements.

Archived