Filter "View New Content" out of certain SubTopic(s) and Post(s)?

x3r0

Hi,

Is there any way to filter out some certain subtopic(s) and post(s) that is started by some certain member(s) out from "View New Content"?

As I'd like to read them, even some look interesting, browsing through 10-17 pages of new content every day is quite exhausting.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Unfortunately the only "filter" options are those that are visible via the "New Content" page, there are no "hidden" options.

An advanced search might be helpful in your case however.

lately there has been a lot of "jokes" in the forum... new content seemed too funny... i hope it'll become dramatic again soon.. ai ai ai :P

off topic: am i banned from seeing the Shoutbox or it really isn't working atm?

Each day when you come in.. or atleast starting with today.. Go through and view everything new... Refresh View New Content to check new stuff.. if there is nothing fresh.. scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Mark Community Read...' then choose your option.. Then from that point forward you will only see new topic and posts since you cleared it last time..

To view certain topic by certain members You can go to 'Forums Tab' then in the search bar click on Forum and select your option.. You will get advanced filtering where you can search for specific topic by people.. or you can go to the persons profile and view their content.

Thanks for the input, I usually get only 2-7 pages tops every day I visit the "View New Contents", but few days ago, it went to 10-17 pages. I noticed a certain member "spam"s (I know they are maybe not actually can be called spam, but to me, they look like it) the Jokes & Funny Stuff section - which I didn't interested to read, but since they're new, they went to "View New Content" page as well. That's why I thought if I could put aside that section for awhile, or, filter new contents that have been posted by a certain member, that would be great.

You can also block a member manually in your settings.. You can choose to block signatures and/or enter their name in and never see their posts again as well.. This will filter results out for new posts if they are the only one responding..

You can also report posts as spam if they really are..

You can also block a member manually in your settings.. You can choose to block signatures and/or enter their name in and never see their posts again as well.. This will filter results out for new posts if they are the only one responding..

Works only within Topics — does not work on the New Content page.

The difference is one can see all the spam at the New Content even if the spammer has been blocked (ignored) — only benefit is that one cannot read the posts.

Pretty much useless since all the precious real estate is already lost at the New Content.

Well I no longer seen any of this since... So either the posts stop and were limited to the period of a day or two.. or for whatever reason the blocking is acting different on my end...

I ran into this before with some members who are longer with us for various reasons with the same effect.

I could check it with a valid poster again to see I guess.. I dunno.

As a mere example, just placed Batu69 on my blocked (ignored) list — yet, I see all his posts at the New Content page:—

X9U2C5Y.png

Archived