Windows Isn't Uninstalling updates Due To Group Policy

Karamjit

previously i installed KB3093266 in cab version on Windows10 64Bit. now before installing KB3097617, I want to uninstall KB3093266. but this update is not getting uninstalled due to group policy. please help me. in windows updates options there is showed "Some settings are managed by your organization". help please

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you want to uninstall it its not harmful really.

"MSFT champ" jenmsft -- who appears to be a Microsoft employee posting on Reddit -- says:

This update contains more improvements for anyone who's been seeing issues with start menu reliability or the critical error dialogs mentioning start and/or Cortana - def jump on it if you're one of those impacted.
Team continues to actively investigate other underlying causes for these issues, we appreciate your patience.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2988162/microsoft-windows/windows-10-cumulative-update-7-kb-3093266-hit-by-recurring-update-failures.html

Did it fail install or is giveing you problems are what? because some had problems with it killing windows update .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24930-kb3093266-killed-windows-update-service.html

When i done a clean install of windows 10 I had trouble installing 3093266 i done 2 things

1. I ran The sfc /scannow command
2. Put in compatible drivers because the ones M$ give me dont work right.

After I done this It updated fine.

Rxm6LDs.png

But there was no need to uninstall it to get the next update.

BDCT0vF.png

Why do you want to uninstall it its not harmful really.

"MSFT champ" jenmsft -- who appears to be a Microsoft employee posting on Reddit -- says:

This update contains more improvements for anyone who's been seeing issues with start menu reliability or the critical error dialogs mentioning start and/or Cortana - def jump on it if you're one of those impacted.

Team continues to actively investigate other underlying causes for these issues, we appreciate your patience.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2988162/microsoft-windows/windows-10-cumulative-update-7-kb-3093266-hit-by-recurring-update-failures.html

Did it fail install or is giveing you problems are what? because some had problems with it killing windows update .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24930-kb3093266-killed-windows-update-service.html

When i done a clean install of windows 10 I had trouble installing 3093266 i done 2 things

2. Put in compatible drivers because the ones M$ give me dont work right.

After I done this It updated fine.

Rxm6LDs.png

But there was no need to uninstall it to get the next update.

BDCT0vF.png

i always uninstall previous cumulative update to install latest one. i never over-write previous one with latest. please help

There's very little known about removing windows 10 updates because most people never removed updates much unless there was a problem with and update in windows 7 and windows 8.1 Or the new get windows 10 updates and spy ones in older windows.

Most stuff about it, is people having trouble installing them. If you have to remove you do a system restore most of the time

They don't overwrite each other both are still there in installed updates on mine . Even though you don't need it there's no need to uninstall it because the new update will only apply what you need .

The more you fool around with uninstalling windows updates on windows 10 for no good reason you could mess things up were you get update errors its buggy anyways.

The reason they put all updates in one package.

1. So people who are just upgrading to windows 10 or doing clean installs don't have to download scores of updates .

2. If you do windows updates at all you will stay updated.

3. There's no reason to remove them in windows 10 because it will take it longer to apply the update.

I ran The sfc /scannow command and it said there are some corrupt files. what next?

previously i installed KB3093266 in cab version on Windows10 64Bit. now before installing KB3097617, I want to uninstall KB3093266. but this update is not getting uninstalled due to group policy. please help me. in windows updates options there is showed "Some settings are managed by your organization". help please

​kb3097617 superseded kb3093266, you need install it first before uninstall the previous cumulative update

If it's MSFT spies you wish to remove, That will not happen....

Years ago, MSFT's 'doctor watson' was a favourite spy tool...

You can, however, remove some of the updates via the control panel applet...

I, personally, like to do clean installs without all the MSFT baggage...

This can be done faster with a good, fast mirage image program...

Please keep us informed on your progress... :)

Archived