AV-Comparatives File Detection Test September 2015

Petrovic

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Webroot Secure Anywhere is missing in the list. You should definitely try.

You ever think the reason it is missing is because they don't test crap. They didn't test Microsoft Security Essentials either, more crap.

You ever think the reason it is missing is because they don't test crap. They didn't test Microsoft Security Essentials either, more crap.

Thats besides the point I be looking at these test all the time . No antivirus works 90-100 % of the time only it works for the samples they have . There's no such thing as a test for 0day threats because they are not knew about yet .

It's not crap for sure. You should make a research about it. Btw, microsoft which you called crap, is on the list..

It's not crap for sure. You should make a research about it. Btw, microsoft which you called crap, is on the list..

Gdata has a very high detection rate but also with that comes a lot of false positives . Avira ranks about the same witch you can get for free but there's alot of false positives from my own personal experience . Detection can be a 2 edge sword .

https://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/test?recent=1

NOD32 has less false positives than any of them v8 and conman sense is all you need .

Microsoft Defender, not Security Essentials. Please read before you comment.

Thats besides the point I be looking at these test all the time . No antivirus works 90-100 % of the time only it works for the samples they have . There's no such thing as a test for 0day threats because they are not knew about yet .

There are tests for 0day threats, it is called heuristics. Is it 100% effective...no, but it is an attempt to identify the threat before it infects a system. Most suites allow you to turn it off since it produces some false positives. I trained with researchers from one AV company several years ago and they do a very respectable job of research and coding to identify these 0day threats.

There are tests for 0day threats, it is called heuristics. Is it 100% effective...no, but it is an attempt to identify the threat before it infects a system. Most suites allow you to turn it off since it produces some false positives. I trained with researchers from one AV company several years ago and they do a very respectable job of research and coding to identify these 0day threats.

On linux mint with no antivirus right now jamin to some tunes :tooth: :rasta: :rockon:

Microsoft Defender, not Security Essentials. Please read before you comment.

Hi, I'm insisting that Webroot is NOT crap. You shouldn't comment without even using it. It is obvious that you haven't tried Webroot before, because if you had tried, you would agree with me.

Hi, I'm insisting that Webroot is NOT crap. You shouldn't comment without even using it. It is obvious that you haven't tried Webroot before, because if you had tried, you would agree with me.

(My English is not good; so, I'll write Turkish to inform my citizen "mclaren85"; therefore I apologize to everyone)

Sevgili "mclaren85",

Yukarda yazdığın iletilerden, AV-Comparatives ve testleri ve de Webroot Antivirüs'ün kalitesi konusunda yeterli bilgin olmadığı anlaşılıyor; o yüzden, kısa bir bilgi vereyim:

* AV-Comparatives Kurumu, 2004 yılından bu yana her yıl düzenli olarak 3'er ay arayla -yani, yılda 4 kez- antivirüs testi yapmaktadır;

- Her yılın 2. ve 8. ayında bilinen kötücülleri tanıyarak yakalama testi (File-Detection Test);

- Her yılın 5. ve 11. ayında bilinmeyen kötücülleri sezerek yakalama testi (Heuristic-Behavioral Test).

* AV-Comparatives, başta Avusturya Innsbruck Üniversitesi Bilgisayar Bilimleri Fakültesi olmak üzere birçok akademik kurumla yakın işbirliği içinde olup, ticari amaçlı olmayan ve çalışanlarının çoğunluğu gönüllülerden oluşan, bağımsız ve de dünyanın en saygın test kurumudur;

* Antivirüs firmaları bu testlere kendi isteğiyle katılırlar. Webroot oldukça eski bir firma olmasına karşın, bu testlere Prevx'i satın aldıktan hemen sonra 2011 ve 2012'de katıldı (yalnızca "File-Detection" testlerine); ancak, toplam 20 antivirüsün katıldığı bu testlerde:

- 02.2011'deki 1. testte sondan ikinci yani, 19'uncu;

- 08.2011'deki 2. testte sondan dördüncü yani, 17'inci;

- 03.2012'deki 3. testte 12'nci;

- 09.2012'deki 4. testte sonuncu yani, 20'nci olunca da bir daha ortalıkta gözükmedi; yani, sıvıştı... :)

İşte, çok güvendiğin Webroot Antivirus bu... (Yukarda yazdıklarımı "AV-Comparatives" sitesine girerek doğrulayabilirsin) :)

Sağlıcakla,

(My English is not good; so, I'll write Turkish to inform my citizen "mclaren85"; therefore I apologize to everyone)

Sevgili "mclaren85",

Yukarda yazdığın iletilerden, AV-Comparatives ve testleri ve de Webroot Antivirüs'ün kalitesi konusunda yeterli bilgin olmadığı anlaşılıyor; o yüzden, kısa bir bilgi vereyim:

* AV-Comparatives Kurumu, 2004 yılından bu yana her yıl düzenli olarak 3'er ay arayla -yani, yılda 4 kez- antivirüs testi yapmaktadır;

- Her yılın 2. ve 8. ayında bilinen kötücülleri tanıyarak yakalama testi (File-Detection Test);

- Her yılın 5. ve 11. ayında bilinmeyen kötücülleri sezerek yakalama testi (Heuristic-Behavioral Test).

* AV-Comparatives, başta Avusturya Innsbruck Üniversitesi Bilgisayar Bilimleri Fakültesi olmak üzere birçok akademik kurumla yakın işbirliği içinde olup, ticari amaçlı olmayan ve çalışanlarının çoğunluğu gönüllülerden oluşan, bağımsız ve de dünyanın en saygın test kurumudur;

* Antivirüs firmaları bu testlere kendi isteğiyle katılırlar. Webroot oldukça eski bir firma olmasına karşın, bu testlere Prevx'i satın aldıktan hemen sonra 2011 ve 2012'de katıldı (yalnızca "File-Detection" testlerine); ancak, toplam 20 antivirüsün katıldığı bu testlerde:

- 02.2011'deki 1. testte sondan ikinci yani, 19'uncu;

- 08.2011'deki 2. testte sondan dördüncü yani, 17'inci;

- 03.2012'deki 3. testte 12'nci;

- 09.2012'deki 4. testte sonuncu yani, 20'nci olunca da bir daha ortalıkta gözükmedi; yani, sıvıştı... :)

İşte, çok güvendiğin Webroot Antivirus bu... (Yukarda yazdıklarımı "AV-Comparatives" sitesine girerek doğrulayabilirsin) :)

Sağlıcakla,

Merhabalar,

Bilgiler için teşekkür ederim. Gönderdiğiniz verilere göre benim kullandığım yazılım bir hayli kötü görünmekte ancak benim güvenlik yazılımlarından ilk beklentim, ilk önceliğim, bilgisayarımı ne kadar az meşgul ettiğidir. Ama genede şok olmadığımı söylersem yalan olur :) Çünkü ben gerçekten çok memnundum.

Archived