We're Moving Servers!

nsane

News.pngOur ViPs have known this for about a week now, but the site host is moving to a new datacenter today. Which means the site will be going offline for a few hours while all the files and SQL databases are being transfered over to the new server. I just thought I'd let everyone know ahead of time so you don't get all worried when you see a big 404 error. We'll, hopefully, be back online sometime today...or tommorow if everything doesn't go our way.

New Server Specs:
  • Dual (2) Xeon's at 3.0Ghz with a 800MHz FSB
  • 2GB ECC RAM
  • 2 x 250GB SATA Hard Drives in a RAID 1 setup for data backups

Update: Move completed sucessfully, enjoy!

Discuss

• Replies 26
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we have the neowin news image? :nono:

Can't wait for the new server. Expect more software updates and a wider selection of offerings!

Why do we have the neowin news image? :nono:

lol, I was just about to ask the same thing!

We should probably create a news image ourselves, i guess. When exactly is this upgrade to happen?

ask sam, he's the one who put together basic news images :lol:

i've 'made' most of the software logos and stuff myself tho :nono:

actually, anyone up for making a better one?

ask sam, he's the one who put together basic news images :lol:

i've 'made' most of the software logos and stuff myself tho :nono:

actually, anyone up for making a better one?

is the site up and running for downloads.... trying to get spysweeper key and updater...the key downloads but it is corrupt or somehting....

no, it just means the website and forums will be faster. the file and proxy systems are running on completely seperate servers. try pinging the following URLs in your command prompt...

ping www.nsaneproductions.com

ping files.nsaneproductions.com

ping proxy.nsaneproductions.com

...you'll notice all 3 return completely different IP adresses. we're running on 5 servers total if you count tensegg's mirror and the hidden file host for patches and stuff :nono:

partially it seems, just tried the new server by adding its IP to my hosts file and it is online. but, the host hasn't sent me confirmation msg so i'm not ganna update the public DNS for security reasons :lol:

cpanel's working too, tho alot of services and other minor stuff are missing (awstats, etc.) :lol:

Server Load	-	0.04 (4 cpus)	
Memory Used - 9.1 %
Swap Used - 0.00 %

:nono:

oh if you are using a different computer because your normal one cant access, saying, "dns cache, reboot or wait until your isp updates their listings" you need to go to c:\ and type ipconfig -flushdns then reboot.

it will also fix fllesharinghelp.com problem too that kept saying under maintance.

• Administrator

Disabling the DNS client also helps to stop a certain firewall "leak test". Applications will be forced to make there own DNS requests.

or completely disable the dns cache via services.msc and never have worry about it again :dance2:

i look into services.msc . which name needs to be disable then? i dont see dns cache. just dns client

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello I am new here, but I would like to wish you luck with your new server, and I anticipate good times ahead for the NSANE domain :D

Archived