BitDefender Antivirus Plus/ Internet Security/ Total Security 2016 20.0.18.1035

D D H

New Features

Ransomware Protection
Bitdefender blocks all ransomware, even new or unknown, from encrypting and demanding ransom on your personal files. You can choose which areas you want to protect.

Next-Generation Firewall
Bitdefender’s new firewall deals superior performance in pinpointing intrusions, effectively filtering incoming and outgoing traffic, even over a Wi-Fi network.

Full-Fledged Parental Control
Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children's online activity – even on Facebook!

Enhanced Features

Complete Data Protection
Bitdefender eliminates every type of e-threat, from traditional viruses, worms, Trojans to today’s RATs, ransomware, zero-day and other exploits, rootkits, botnets, and spyware.

Discreet Security Widget
Enables you to keep track of all of your security-related tasks, plus lets you quickly and easily drag-and-drop files for quick scanning for viruses — right from your desktop.

Password Manager
Bitdefender stores your passwords, credit card data and other sensitive in a secure vault. It also autofills them when you brows and can recommend you secure passwords.

Parental Advisor
Blocks inappropriate content, restricts browsing, Facebook, online games and all other Internet activities between certain hours, and notifies you when you child attempts to bypass your rules. Also monitors restricted areas and informs you when your child is where he isn’t supposed to be, via an Android app.

File Encryption
Locks confidential files in an encrypted vault.

Battery Mode
Bitdefender maximizes battery time for laptops and tablets by temporarily tweaking system settings such as display, system cooling, system updates, Bluetooth.

Tune-Up. OneClick Optimizer
Bitdefender automatically speeds up your system and frees up disk space by running every known optimization. All in one click.

Homepage

Download

• Replies 25
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airstream_Bill

Just got it installed a little while ago.

How's memory usage compared to BIS 015?

regards

Airstream_Bill

How's memory usage compared to BIS 015?

regards

It does not slow down my system at all.

Bitdefender Agent using 2.3 meg.

Bitdefender Security Service using 68.1 meg.

Bitdefender Update Service using 1.1 meg.

Bitdefender Wallet Agent using 1.2 meg.​

Airstream_Bill

Had a Problem with the NEW Bitdefender Total Security 2016. It was installed this morning and running FINE. Later on this afternoon I told Windows 10 to Shut Down. It hem hawed around and then I thought it was shutting down but it rebooted. I could not correct the problem with any settings etc. I tried to shut it down 6 or so times and even though it said it was Shutting Down it rebooted. I just now uninstalled Bitdefender 2016 and now everything is back to normal as it should be. Guess I will reinstall 2015 for awhile as their is a problem with it and My Toshiba Laptop. Just passing this info on to whom ever finds it useful.

It seems that you are not alone (same problem was reported earlier on BD forum) - unfortunately BD has problems everytime with a new version released . Usualy the problems are solved in 2-4 weeks after the new version release. So , if you want to use the new BD2016 , you should install it after ~ one month .

Bitdefender Total Security 2016 - Windows - Offline Installers[Temporary Links]:

32bit[x86]: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/all/bitdefender_ts_20_32b.exe

64bit[x64]: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/all/bitdefender_ts_20_64b.exe

Note:

1. As of now, there will be no official offline installers for BD 2016 other than secret/temporary links above. Grab before they kill those links.
  2. The version of the d/w links above is not confirmed by BD.
  3. If you need more info, click here.

Update:

There will be Offline Installer Kits. More info - here.

i used this offline installer and there are lots of problem i.e. why they are not giving offline installer

I think BD is going MS way. Just compare the tactics of BD and MS in this 2016 version release and Win10. Most are similar.

New Features

Ransomware Protection

Bitdefender blocks all ransomware, even new or unknown, from encrypting and demanding ransom on your personal files. You can choose which areas you want to protect.

Next-Generation Firewall

Bitdefender’s new firewall deals superior performance in pinpointing intrusions, effectively filtering incoming and outgoing traffic, even over a Wi-Fi network.

Full-Fledged Parental Control

Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children's online activity – even on Facebook!

Enhanced Features

Complete Data Protection

Bitdefender eliminates every type of e-threat, from traditional viruses, worms, Trojans to today’s RATs, ransomware, zero-day and other exploits, rootkits, botnets, and spyware.

Discreet Security Widget

Enables you to keep track of all of your security-related tasks, plus lets you quickly and easily drag-and-drop files for quick scanning for viruses — right from your desktop.

Password Manager

Bitdefender stores your passwords, credit card data and other sensitive in a secure vault. It also autofills them when you brows and can recommend you secure passwords.

Parental Advisor

Blocks inappropriate content, restricts browsing, Facebook, online games and all other Internet activities between certain hours, and notifies you when you child attempts to bypass your rules. Also monitors restricted areas and informs you when your child is where he isn’t supposed to be, via an Android app.

File Encryption

Locks confidential files in an encrypted vault.

Battery Mode

Bitdefender maximizes battery time for laptops and tablets by temporarily tweaking system settings such as display, system cooling, system updates, Bluetooth.

Tune-Up. OneClick Optimizer

Bitdefender automatically speeds up your system and frees up disk space by running every known optimization. All in one click.

Homepage

Download

Thnx!

IMPORTANT there will be no offline kits for Bitdefender 2016

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500&view=findpost&p=235611

Yes, it is a negative from BD Team. However, you can use the temporary links here and then update BD to say with current version.

Suggestion to BD Fans: Please put a pressure on BD Team to provide offline installers via this thread or this thread and also via direct support via BD website/phone. Offline installers help reduce attacks while there is no security s/w installed on PC.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested BitDefender Free Edition, and it has absolutely no settings.

That's useless to me.

Do the other BitDefender products have any settings?

I have tested BitDefender Free Edition, and it has absolutely no settings.

That's useless to me.

Do the other BitDefender products have any settings?

The settings are almost the same as in BD 2015. I'm not sure about free version. However, other AV Plus/IS/TS, the settings are almost the same except new ransomeware and other settings.

If you need free AV with more settings to configure, then Avira would be the suitable alternative.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived